by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a suspect into custody. When you try to interrogate him, you can't get him out of his cell.
What happens when the bug occurs? This used to be a fixed bug and now it's back. When you try to interrogate a suspect, your sim will be unable to get him out of the cell. Also taking photos or fingerprints of that suspect won't get him out. He is just eternally stuck in that cell. It makes the detective career impossible to complete without cheating a promotion.
What do you expect to see? Being able to interrogate the suspect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the 06/19/18 patch. The day before it worked fine.

see above. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (8,290 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too. It is really frustrating. I go to interrogate a suspect then my sim comes up with a bubble of a door saying they can't enter. 

Message 2 of 19 (8,148 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (8,112 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @KonekoFoxglove

I was very worried about the detective career being broken for the 100th time, so I started a test save for your bug and cheated a detective up to level 6.

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue. When I click on the interrogation table to start the action, my detective releases the suspect from the cell without problems.

I play like you mod-free in German and have all packs (MFP included). I don't know if you had Seasons already installed when reporting this bug - perhaps that makes the difference.

Best regards!

Message 4 of 19 (8,086 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

EA Staff

Hi @KonekoFoxglove

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! 

Message 5 of 19 (8,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

The bug is in my game too. I didn't know how to solve it so I used the bb.enablefreebuild cheat and removed the cell door. Then my sim was able to reach the suspect.

Message 6 of 19 (7,932 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @VanillaTeaSims

Could you share you save files with us as explained above?

Thanks! :D

Message 7 of 19 (7,798 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

★★★ Newbie

I also have that problem. I’m on level 9 and thankfully I’ve completed the promotion task so I don’t have to interrogate any more suspects to get a promotion but it’s really annoying. It’s the most fun part of the detective carrer and I can’t get started on another case. 

Message 8 of 19 (7,476 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

EA Staff

@semelieee

Would you be willing to send us your save files as described above?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 19 (7,397 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Can't release suspect from cell

★★★ Newbie

I’m on PS4 and have this issue since update yesterday.

Message 10 of 19 (6,798 Views)