Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Bought Retail items turning into ashes/ Appear burnt

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

I was having this problem and then I went back to the last save (the one where I left without resocking), tried restocking and immediately making the item not for sale. I clicked "not for sale" as my Sim went around restocking.

I waited a bit and the items didn't turn to ash. Then I set them back for sale and they have been fine since! I've been playing that family and that retail lot for a few days now. 

Message 61 of 71 (635 Views)

many items turn into ash pile. Sometimes even before restock.

Message 62 of 71 (587 Views)

So, here's the only solution (for me at least): DO NOT enter manage worlds menu, save and exit the game to the title menu or desktop or do a houlsehold rotation/change before restocking all your items in the retail lot/store. Lot change is ok if it's done with the travel command in the cellphone. If you restock everything, it'll be fine after you restart the game or do any of the other actions. If you leave the restock sign and leave your game, or enter manage worlds mode, when you come back, they'll be fine for an hour or so, and you can even start restocking, but after a while, all your restocked items and the remaining restock signs that you didn't have time to restock will: A) turn into ash piles if they are items that cannot be replaced when there's an actual fire, like rugs on the floor; B) become burnt restock signs that you actually can restock but the item will be burnt and you'll have to buy again, making you lose money twice; or C) if you already restocked them, they'll become burnt and will need to be bought again.

I just tested OWNING the retail shop. I didn't test VISITING a retail shop yet, and I don't know if the bug will happen to the store if you don't own it, and you leave the restock sign there, and I hope it doesn't because I believe you can't restock items you don't own. But I'll post the results here ASAP.

I'm not using mods, I'm playing vanilla, and I repaired my game.

Message 63 of 71 (522 Views)

my save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8fxxAXl-wGyJLn-Tst8q3OgKkGUq3FV?usp=sharing

it's the Slot_00000005.save, the one named Retail BURNT ITEMS ASHES BUG.

I didn't restock the items, so, if I load the save, and wait for a while, all items will turn into ash or become burnt, as explained above.

in My Saved Game 2, the save game I play, I restocked everything, or removed the restock signs so nothing wrong happens if I go to the retail lot.

Message 64 of 71 (474 Views)

you can notice a lot of soda cans and unfinished white cake recipes because of Foodies Unite! N.A.P., it's really annoying how sims stop doing everything to cook.

Message 65 of 71 (472 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Massacre-Redrum I've had this problem with painting. My sim sold painting in her store but when I left the store the painting turned into a pile of ash on the floor. I don't know if it still does it tho I haven't played with retail in a while.
Message 66 of 71 (440 Views)

@crinrict 

hello!

This bug is fixed in my game! Can someone check if it is fixed for you too?

Message 67 of 71 (386 Views)

Hero
@Arthur Gibraltar It was pretty hit and miss as far as I know (it never happend to me)

Good that it's fixed for you so maybe others could check if they still have this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 71 (374 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

124 people experienced the same problem and the issue still hasn’t been resolved!  

Message 69 of 71 (338 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods/cc)?

If so, would you be willing to share saves (preferably before the issue occurs)?

Message 70 of 71 (1,221 Views)