Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Retail items that are purchased turning into ashes

by Massacre-Redrum

Original Post

Re: Restocking Retail Objects, Turns Them To Ash and More

★★ Guide
@crinrict
Sorry, it's taken me so long to get back to this. I will change everything as you wish. Also, after doing some testing, I found that the mannequin issue is due to the SOL mod. I did some testing and informed people in connection with its creator. However, the ashes are still happening even on a vanilla save with no mods or cc installed. I did copy and move my post to the other one and I tried to remove this thread in its entirety but it won't let me. Also, I only get the option to preview when I tried to edit everything out instead. I don't know what's going on or why there's no option to delete it and no way for me to edit and save it as Post Removed by Author.
Message 31 of 71 (1,438 Views)

Hero
@thecharsims I merged your post with the ashes thread.

You can't delete a thread once someone answered. You should be able to edit it though but I guess it doesn't matter if you're just have the ashes issue. Merging is fine,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 71 (1,413 Views)

★★ Guide
@Ziafar
Wow. So it's affecting food, also. How frustrating.
Message 33 of 71 (1,401 Views)

Re: All Turns to Dust

★★★ Newbie

My game is doing this too. It didnt before the kits came out now all my restock paintings turn to dust 

Message 34 of 71 (1,325 Views)

Out of Stock signs turn to ash

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By owning a business and running it
What happens when the bug occurs? The out of stock signs turns to ash when you leave the property or if you transition into the next business day.
What do you expect to see? I expect the signs to just sit there until the employee stocks the shelf....not turn to ashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim runs a business and anytime the comes back to the store and the shelves haven't been stocked the signs will turn to ash. I noticed this bug right after I purchased and installed "The Sims 4 eco lifestyle". It's annoying and preventing me from running the business. Also while playing I noticed editing the outfit on the lot does it as well.

Message 35 of 71 (1,325 Views)

Re: Out of Stock signs turn to ash

Hero
@LiljrocXB1 I merged your post with the existing bug report.

Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-GTW-Retail-items-that-are-purchased-turning-into/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 71 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick Retail stock sign still turning into ash/dust. I hope you can fix this issue before may 2021 patch

Message 37 of 71 (1,162 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They seriously need to. You can't even properly run a business with this happening. 

Message 38 of 71 (1,110 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Retail items that are purchased turning into ashes

★★★ Newbie

Same issue with mine. How can we fix this bug I am using laptop? My restock sign turns into ashes. 

Message 39 of 71 (1,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed. Unfortunately it seems EA only cares about pushing out “new content” rather than fixing their game at this point. The game is full of spaghetti coding.  

Message 40 of 71 (1,027 Views)