by WhantSomeEggs

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Alien Empathize not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.157.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, vampires, spa day, dine out, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, laundry day, bowling, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an alien sim's Empathize social.
What happens when the bug occurs? A shared emotion moodlet of the corresponding sim's current mood is supposed to be gained, but it never works.
What do you expect to see? A shared emotions moodlet of the type of overall mood the other sims is in to appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure how long its been broken, as I haven't played an alien sim in a long time until snowy escape released.  I made an Alien at the start of Snowy Escape so since then this has been an issue.  Every time I've tried to use their empathize telepathic social no moodlet is gained.  I remember awhile back it sometimes didn't work, but I never reported it.  It 100% doesn't work now, I've tried with multiple sims, multiple sessions, a repair, I've gone through a couple sim years and periodically have tried to empathize with my sim's friends and spouse, but it never works.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (490 Views)

Re: Alien Empathize not working

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 2 (438 Views)