[OPEN] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

by filipomel

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

Hero
@leozabotto Could you make it public so that it doesn't need permission ? You can PM me the link if you're not comfortable with everyone having access.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 25 (1,140 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Of course! It's public now. Standard smile
Message 12 of 25 (1,141 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

★★★ Guide

This happens a lot... Get Together's cafe is almost unplayable for ages!

Message 13 of 25 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This seems to be save dependent? In my main save, my Sim gets a routing failure when queuing the "Wait for Barista" Interaction. However, in a brand new save file my Sim ordered without a problem at the exact same lot.

Message 14 of 25 (996 Views)

★★ Pro

Yep it's hard to get a drink in a bar. I've seen it also that I don't even get charged, the bartender doesn't just register my order at all even though I can see my sim do the ordering animation. I wonder if there's a thread for that too.

Message 15 of 25 (965 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This bug is also in my game for the drinks. Money is taken, “wait for barista” action appears and suddenly it goes away, NPCs are getting their drinks but mine? Most of the time, no.

Message 16 of 25 (931 Views)

★★ Pro

This is absolute mayhem if there are a lot of sims in the café trying to buy things. I see two issues:

1) Everyone coming to the café instantly orders something so there are way too many orders flying around always. This needs to be tuned down a notch. Also the bar gets dirty really fast because there are so many orders all the time. Then the drinks are poor quality because the barista never has time to clean the machine because the orders just keep on coming.

2) As some speculated, it may indeed be that if the barista is currently handling an order and then another comes in, they'll cancel the previous order. So basically no one gets any orders delivered unless you go on a raged killing spree and kill all the other customers and lock the doors so no new ones can enter. This is not an optimal solution imho.

I've had even food orders cancel but mostly they are coffee orders. I'd hazard a guess that it's down to the time used to deliver an order and not the nature of the orders themselves. It's just probability, baby. It takes so long to make an espresso that someone will surely order something before your espresso is done so it's more likely to get cancelled. But a croissant is just a few short animations so you have to be pretty unlucky to have someone interrupt that.

Message 17 of 25 (910 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem for years! I've been hoping over time with all the patches that this problem would be eventually fixed but so far I still can't really even use the cafe's in the game since every order gets cancelled.

Message 18 of 25 (855 Views)

★★ Pro
@MrAustenM Depressing. Disappointed Also, sims drink the take-away drinks right away even though they are supposed to put take-away orders straight in their inventory.
Message 19 of 25 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm also seeing the same beverage order cancellation issue. When my sim goes to the coffee shop, there are many sims ordering at the same time and when she places the order unfortunately it is cancelled. Disappointed I posted a video on twitter showing the problem. https://twitter.com/JMoon_gamer/status/1510076454150848515 Version game:  1.86.166.1030

Message 20 of 25 (690 Views)