Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino and Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a cafe lot and try ordering a drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims "wait for barista" action is constantly cancelled when waiting for a drink, so they never end up getting for a drink. On the off chance my sims does get a drink, they sometimes clean it up before they finish drinking it.
What do you expect to see? For my sims drink order to be served normally, and for them to actually drink the drink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this bug yet, I couldn't seem to find one, but this issue has been around for a very long time now. I can't go to a cafe without these issues happening.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 24 (5,189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Sul Sul @filipomel!

First of all, thank you so much for your report on this issue!

If you (or any other player with the same issue reading this thread right now) want to help us investigate this issue, a save file of your game which experiences this bug would be super helpful and much appreciated!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with our team.

Thanks and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 24 (5,065 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@filipomel Do you also have issues with ordering food or only drinks ?

There is an old thread here but not using the template, so a new one is fine: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Bartenders-amp-Baristas-no-serving-properly/td-p/5080252

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (5,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Sul Sul @filipomel!

First of all, thank you so much for your report on this issue!

If you (or any other player with the same issue reading this thread right now) want to help us investigate this issue, a save file of your game which experiences this bug would be super helpful and much appreciated!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with our team.

Thanks and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 24 (5,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is a link to the save, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FCSkARq6BftTFhg_ywxrAPfZRIFGZT9-

It's the cafe in Sulani that I've been experiencing this issue with. It seems to occur in other lot locations as well. The issue mainly happens when a club gathering outside my household is happening. 

Message 4 of 24 (4,991 Views)

EA Sims Team

@filipomel 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 24 (4,965 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] 'Wait for Barista' Interaction getting canceled

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well. It seems to affect NPC sims, also. Anyone that orders a drink, the barista will start to make the drink but never finish making it, and the "wait for barista" action gets removed from the queue. It does not seem to affect food orders, specifically drinks.

I have noticed that if you manage to order a drink and NO ONE ELSE goes up to the barista to interact with him while he's in the process of making it, he will complete the drink and place it on the counter, allowing you to drink it.

My best guess is that the barista's current action, specifically while making drinks, is being cancelled/reset every time someone tries to order something from him, rather than queuing multiple actions.

Message 6 of 24 (4,900 Views)

Hero
@Figblat Did you also send your save to QA yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (4,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same problem here, since 2018

So much Sims are making orders at the same time, and barista can't handle it. 

We need to select the interaction many times to get our order with success, and most of times we never get it.

Captura de Tela (57).png

EDIT 1: Demonstration Video

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIrfZF-CiNxKAHM4f18hWq3SU6r5de9G/view?usp=sharing

Message 8 of 24 (4,816 Views)

Hero
@leozabotto Did you send your save to QA yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (4,764 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Save added.
Message 10 of 24 (4,742 Views)