Re: [GT] Sims leave work early after loading game if in a Gathering

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club Gathering)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a club gathering going when Sims are at school (or work) and go into CAS or save and exit. I also noticed this happen when one of the club members traveled to another lot (the teens returned from school early, though in this case not all at once).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will return from work or school when you open the save/exit CAS and/o travel. Teens/kids get a hit to responsibility when this happens if you have Parenthood.
What do you expect to see? Everyone still at work/school when you do these things. My work around is to usually end the gathering before I do any of these things, but I forgot the most recent time as I only went into CAS because the shift click reset debug wasn't working and my sim was stuck (I know this is reported in the known issues re: cheats).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can see the teens returning from school when my sim traveled in this video https://youtu.be/6cipIp_vogE at 0.20 seconds in (this is pre patch/pre Seasons). I don't have any pictures re: the most recent occurrence (ie post patch, but pre Seasons). Note I don't have it happen that much since I usually end my club gatherings before quitting a game, going into CAS or travelling.  

Jennifer

Message 10 of 50 (7,573 Views)

[OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have expanded on the information about the glitch, the expanded info will be in purple. I tried several tests on a new save and different methods. 

It seems the glitch only works if the Gathering is started on the Household's own lot as doing it on a Community lot canceled the Gathering and you can't start the Gathering on other Residential lots. Also if one of the Club Members are at Work/School, it will not allow the Gathering to start so therefore the glitch won't work.

Not only does saving and loading also cause the Sims to leave work/school early. It seems heading to Manage Worlds while the Sims are working (if their Club is in a Gathering) will cause them to go home when you load the household even if you didn't load other lots. I was asked on this thread if Manage Worlds causes it and it seems that it does.

How to avoid the glitch:

• End the Gathering before quitting the game or heading to Manage Worlds.
  • Be sure the Sims are not at work/school when a Gathering is in progress.

Notes about the glitch:

• The glitch only works if all Sims in a Club are home. Attempting to start a Gathering while 1 or more of the Sims are at Work/School won't start the Gathering.
  • The glitch doesn't work if the Sims are on a Community Lot because the Gathering ends if a Club member goes to Work or School. Furthermore, you can't perform the glitch on other Residential Lots because the game won't allow you to start the Gathering.

Original text

I have 3 Sims (Professional Athlete, Musician, and Scientist) who were at work and are in the same club (my Club's name is Art Lovers) which is in a Gathering. When I loaded, the Sims have left work although I didn't cancel the At Work action. You can notice the problem is that you suddenly gain money when the household is loaded.

I think what happened was that the affected Sims' club (Art Lovers) was in a Gathering when I saved. When I loaded the game with the Sims at work and their Club in a Gathering, the game sent the Sims home early probably because the Gathering is supposed to spawn the Club Members which I think how it works. However, one Sim is in a Club that wasn't in a Gathering so she was still working. This can be a major problem as it could easily lead to performance loss, as well as the Sim possibly getting demoted and/or fired due to bad performance.

Here are the steps to cause the problem

1. Have a club (e.g. Garden Gnomes) start a Gathering.
  2. Have the Sims with the above Club go to work or school.
  3. Save and then quit the game with the Sims at work but without ending the Gathering. You can also go to Manage Worlds and then load the same Household.
  4. Load the game and play the Household you were using. After the game loads, the Sims in the club have left work/school early.

That means if those Sims are in a Club whose Club is in a Gathering, the Sims may leave work early if you happen to load the game. To avoid this, be sure you end the Gathering or end the game when those Sims are currently not at work.

I am on version 1.14 64-bit with all current DLC owned as of Jan 2016. Movie Hangout Stuff is the latest pack released for TS4 at the time of this post.

Message 1 of 50 (7,635 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (7,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I have expanded information about the glitch which will be in purple in the original post.

Message 3 of 50 (7,580 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 50 (7,564 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

★ Guide

I can confirm that 1.15 doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.

Message 5 of 50 (7,543 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

Hero

@GothicSimmer

Are you still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 50 (7,411 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that this is still an issue as of version 1.36.102.1020

I was wondering what was causing this in my game; it's good to know! I guess I'll have to start ending my club gatherings before I exit the game Disappointed 

Message 7 of 50 (7,108 Views)

Hero

@ZeroArcana

could you open a new thread for this one ? This one doesn't use the bug template. I'll merge old into new once you have done so.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 50 (7,098 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @ZeroArcana

We are having trouble reproducing this issue so we would need your help if you are willing!.

Can you please send your save files?  You can find the instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 50 (7,057 Views)