Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Re: [GT] On load children return from school & adult return from University

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 Merging this with the thread on club meetings and leaving work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 50 (993 Views)

★ Guide

I looked for School issues before posting my new tread and this thread only mentioned work issues in the topic so it was no wonder I didn't find it ^^. Anyway got my me to now also.

Message 42 of 50 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I was playing in a very laggy save with a college student.  She kept Not Going To Class unless I reloaded the lot.  Seriously, I would pause and hammer "GO TO CLASS" and yell at my screen and she would... Children of the Corn at me.

Finally I got the clever idea to take her to Britechester by herself and loiter, since the problem seemed to be partly number of Sims.  She went to class autonomously! and 11 game minutes later I made the mistake of going home rather than staring at Britechester for her entire class. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/873804410143260722/unknown.png

So, this bug cost her a letter grade but she still graduated with honors.

Message 43 of 50 (947 Views)

The sim comes back home from work after restarting game

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for Eco lifestyle, Snowy Escape and Cottage living with a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I exit the game while my woman sim was working at culinary career. When I restarted my game, she was standing in front of the home lot at 9:25 pm, and the career panel shows,'work in 20 hours; but she was supposed to be in work until 11pm as she is Executive Chef.
What happens when the bug occurs? She resets from work straightaway
What do you expect to see? I expect to see she still stays at work when I restart my saved game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, actually I can guess it's from club gathering but you know, I think this should be a bug. The club gathering shouldn't affect her to come back from work. I feel she comes back home from work as if a university student is kicked out of the school class straightaway when you try to switch to other household.

Message 44 of 50 (956 Views)

Re: The sim comes back home from work after restarting game

Hero
@aodoherty I merged this with the thread on leaving work while a club meeting starts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 50 (905 Views)

EA Staff
Hello @aodoherty,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 50 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SimGuruRitzyOh.. I sent you my save with different issue the other days, and this issue happened in the same save file. Standard smile

I think there's no other working sim in my household at the moment. She quit her culinary job the other days. If I experience this one more next time, then i will share that with you, Thanks.

Message 47 of 50 (802 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club Gathering)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue without a club gathering taking place.  Should I create a new thread, or has this been noted as the same issue?  Thanks!

Message 48 of 50 (694 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club Gathering)

EA Staff
@zoraaisling

Hello All,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 49 of 50 (677 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Copied and pasted from the wrong thread! sorry...

Yeah, me, too, and it's INFURIATING.

For me, the issue is usually that there is often a club gathering going on (yes, I'm abusing club mechanics at home, sorry!) and I go into CAS--for example, if I have a stylist in the household or if I'm planning a wedding--or if I close the game while they're still at school and there's a club gathering.

My friend developed a workaround for the game closing and reopening where we load a completely different household, invite a Sim from the household we intend to play to travel with us, and then switch to that Sim. This "breaks" the club gathering and allows children and teens and university students to stay in class. The only workaround for CAS is to have the stylist twiddle his/her thumbs until the kids get home from school, or to turn the club off first.

The mod workaround is to use Kawaii Stacie's Education Bundle, purchase the "school only PC," and have the kid homeschool that day.

I'll test one of my saves where I've seen it and send it over.

[Edited to add:] Sent! Enjoy!

Message 50 of 50 (569 Views)