Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [GT] LE with ClubGathering/ Special Char in Club Name

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if it's a bug or not so this may not be the right place. I think it's mod-related but I'm not sure which one.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get an MCCC error log with club gatherings. Basically "TypeError: 'LocalizedString' object is not callable". This still happened when I removed my mods.
What do you expect to see? I expect my game to auto-generate club gatherings without errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Spoiler
[Aug-12-2020 21:56:40]Initializing MC Command Center version: 7.3.0...
[Aug-12-2020 21:58:38]Initializing Zone Data...
[Aug-12-2020 21:58:56]Error happened processing drama node: clubGatheringDramaNode_Default:11:25:44.440 day:3 week:0
[Aug-12-2020 21:58:56]Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Builds\MCCC_7_3_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 837, in inject_block_phone_texts
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_node.py", line 1277, in run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\club_gathering_drama_node.py", line 36, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 983, in wrapped
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 378, in add_save_unlock_callback
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\clubs\club.py", line 346, in show_club_gathering_dialog
TypeError: 'LocalizedString' object is not callable

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Spoiler Tags

Message 1 of 31 (2,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Object is not callable?

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Try renaming the club and see if it goes away. I would count a colon as special characters.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 31 (2,094 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Are you using any special characters in the club name ? Any custom icons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (2,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I don't believe I'm using any special characters in the club name and only game icons.

Unless : counts?

Message 3 of 31 (2,109 Views)

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Try renaming the club and see if it goes away. I would count a colon as special characters.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (2,095 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Okay, I'll try that. I'm hoping I don't have to restart my save yet again because I've come so far in setting up.
Message 5 of 31 (2,092 Views)

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Let me know if it helped

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (2,026 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I was able to test it now and nope, still an error. I removed all : from my club names, but do full stops, & and - count as special characters?
Message 7 of 31 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RickxAbsinthe43 I'd say yes. Try simple names with english characters A-z and numbers only (spaces should be ok as EA clubs also have them)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (2,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Okay I'll try another rename of the leftover clubs.

Edit: I renamed all my clubs and have now got my game on fast forward and testing for another error.

Edit: So I figured I'd wait a whole Sim day to see if the error came back up as the first time it happened it was during a school day. I passed a whole day, passed school, and so far so good. Maybe it was special characters as you suggested, because it appears to be gone. At least, I haven't had an error yet.

CM Edit - Merged

Message 9 of 31 (2,003 Views)

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Happy to hear. Let me know if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (1,952 Views)