Re: [OPEN] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: "Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Guess, the weather is not being nice to me, I been going to the ancient ruins and it is cloudy and or sunny but no rain. It appears the DJ Booth and bar only appear for dance parties, so maybe go to the ancient ruins when its Sunny when its not there and than go back home and spawn the dance party. See if it spawns without being broken on a day that it is not raining.

EDIT: Guys Eureka, I found the source of the bug.  DJ Booth works until it rains on the Ancient lot, than it changes to can't use electronics in the rain, and than it despawns when its raining and when it respawns the DJ booth still thinks its raining, when its Sunny.  I was able to duplicate that by starting the rain with the weather machine until you get the thing that says use greyed out, with a tooltip that says can't use in the rain, now put the DJ booth in your household inventory and use the weather machine to make it Sunny, now take the DJ booth out of your household inventory and you got the bug that is happening in the bluffs and ancient ruins, also its not just confined to the DJ booth the cloning machine freaks out too. 

Edit: workaround at the bluffs or the ancient ruins on a sunny day, buy the weather machine place it on lot make it rain and than make it cloudy or sunny again and the DJ booth will work, now delete the weather machine.  Also I am pretty sure the weather cheats will have the same effect, for though that want to cheat.

Edit Merged: I choose not to edit it because I had to test it on the home lot to get the bug because it was easier than going to the ancient ruins and see if I could get a rainy day and a sunny or cloudy day, but I am fairly confident the DJ booth would start working again on its own when it goes through a rain to cloudy or sunny cycle when its spawned, but that is like asking hail fall on the street and not the house. When the cycle that caused it to break rain to sunny or cloudy weather happened again everything was fine, the DJ Booth worked again on my home lot. So it is related to a spawning issue at the ancient ruins and bluffs.

Edited by CM

Message 31 of 49 (1,715 Views)

Re: "Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did remove my mods and cc but the issue remained, I posted here only after I ran out of ideas, whenever I encounter an issue the "repair game-remove mods" are the first things I do!

Message 32 of 49 (1,628 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still having the exact same issue. Each DJ booth remains with a greyed out 'use' on any party after it has been in rain once. 

Perhaps it's an issue that only remains behind in save files that have been around since the problem first occurred. Suspecting that it has since been patched but only for new save files. 🤔 

Any more input? It would be great to see this issue fixed still. Hate having to place a second DJ booth elsewhere on the lot; looks bad and doesn't make use of the fancy smokey dance floor. 😥

Message 33 of 49 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Guide

Being invited to Dance Parties has become a very rare event since buying many packs after GT, but when it does happen, they just won't function, The DJ Booth is unusable, stating Electronics do not work in the rain, when it clearly IS NOT raining. 

Message 34 of 49 (1,405 Views)

Hero

I have been running into this issue it seems forever.  Went to 2 dance parties today.  Neither booth worked.  DJs just stood at the spawn point.  Only option appearing on booths is Use

Ruins:  Booth option to Use was greyed out.  Weather cloudy, chance of rain.  Installed weather machine.  Changed weather to clear.  Option to Use went active but useless as command to Use it by one of my sims just dropped from queue repeatedly.  No dancing.

Bluffs:  Booth option to Use active.  Weather clear and sunny.  Option to use active but useless as before.  Again no dancing.  

This was the first time at one of the Windenberg outdoor events since the weather was patched for WB and San Myshuno.  Weather for once wasn't poring rain like it has been every time I have tried one of the 3 outdoor events in Windenberg since Seasons.  At least that's some progress but these 3 events have been glitched since we had the bug with bars not generating.  That did get fixed and now the DJ booths don't work.  And when this does get some attention and hopefully fixed, can we also have a change so that DJs spawn at their booths and ignore celebrities like bartenders do at the same time the booth issue is fixed please.  

This bug still exists.

Message 35 of 49 (1,349 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Anyone have a save they can share where this problem is occurring? It'd be very helpful, thanks so much! You can DM me the link to your save file Standard smile 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 49 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ever seen I brought Seasons this occurred to me. It started with 1 location at the ruins then eventually all three locations were all permanently non-functional.

But I noticed if you enable Build/Buy mode and add a DJ Booth, on the lot where you can build only. The NPC will go and use it and with a little patience the dance party will be elsewhere, but it's now a long walk to buy drinks.

Problem is you cannot place the Booth where it should be, but  a mod like T.O.O.L. can do just that 

Message 37 of 49 (1,265 Views)

Hero
@Citysim9997 Did you send your save to Nick as requested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 49 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick Hello! I am trying to figure out how to DM you on here, under "Contact Me" on your profile it just asks me to add you as friend, when I did, no other options come up. I could be a complete noob but just trying to send you a save file for the above. 

Let me know how as this bug makes all dance parties useless - but also means the party equipment seems to stay there permanently when it should disappear after the event, no? 

Thanks for your help Standard smile 

Message 39 of 49 (1,103 Views)

Champion
@jackofallgames07 the equipment is there all the time, but invisible. When there's a dance party, it is revealed.

To DM someone, you don't click on "Contact Me". Above that, there's a little black envelope icon you click to send a message.
Message 40 of 49 (1,073 Views)