by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get invited to or plan a dance party social event in Windenburg.
What happens when the bug occurs? The DJ booth is unusable - either the "Use" option greyed out and the tooltip saying "Electronics don't work in the rain" even if it isn't currently raining; or the Use option is selectable but drops from the queue immediately and does nothing. The NPC DJ for the event is also unable to interact with it and just stands at the spawn point.
What do you expect to see? The DJ booth should work if it isn't currently raining or broken.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had this happen a few times before the December 2018 patch and it is still an issue in my game.

I can't recall if my sims were invited out to the Ancient Ruins dance party once while it was raining, and then the DJ booth broke and is still broken;

Or if the game incorrectly assumes it shouldn't work - the weather is just cloudy and the season is Fall, but there isn't any precipitation today and the booth is still unusable. It hasn't rained at all during the event.

EDIT: Now I also have a similar issue at the Chalet dance party location - the booth is not visibly broken, the "use" option is available and not greyed out, but does nothing. The NPC DJ is also unable to use it, so they just stand idle at the spawn point. The weather is sunny, but freezing temperatures (no snow).

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 49 (4,958 Views)

Re: DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Maybe it was caused by the rain. The next time the object will be repaired.

Message 2 of 49 (4,898 Views)

Champion
But that's the issue - this IS the next time I'm visiting those places when there is no rain and the booths are still broken.
Message 3 of 49 (4,891 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Wait, IS IT supposed to be active? I've never seen it active any time I go to a Dance Party, Night Club, or anything because the game always spawns a DJ to man it.

It'd certainly make more sense to have it accessible whenever you want, so the DJ Mixing Skill would have more of a use rather than on your own lots.

- B

Message 4 of 49 (4,866 Views)

Hero

I've seen the issue at the chalet in my game .. Sims just walk through the booth there (that's part of another thread) but I'm wondering if that's connected.

As for the other venues, there might already be a thread, not sure. Need to look

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 49 (4,859 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue after the December 2018 patch where the DJ booth nor the bar spawn to ancient ruins at dance parties. Everywhere else they seem to spawn quite nicely but not the ancient ruins. And I have tested this issue without my mods so it's not them that is causing this.

Message 6 of 49 (4,845 Views)

★★ Guide
You should repair it by yourself.
The electronic objects are designed to be broken when they are outside.
Message 7 of 49 (4,828 Views)

Champion
But it’s not broken and there’s no repair option on it. It’s not visibly making any damage visual effects and in the case if the chalet one, it had a working use interaction, so it wasn’t considered broken - the use interaction just did nothing.
Message 8 of 49 (4,817 Views)

Champion

@burin077 wrote:

Wait, IS IT supposed to be active? I've never seen it active any time I go to a Dance Party, Night Club, or anything because the game always spawns a DJ to man it.

It'd certainly make more sense to have it accessible whenever you want, so the DJ Mixing Skill would have more of a use rather than on your own lots.

- B

Yes, it should just work like a regular DJ booth and if you kick the NPC DJ off it by chatting with them to interrupt their DJing, you can take over the booth yourself.

My issue at the moment is the ancient ruins booth bring stuck with “can’t use in rain” even when it’s not raining and the chalet booth having a use option, but it fails for both my sims and the NPC DJ who can’t use it either (like it is also broken from rain).

I have to visit more to see if the booths repair themselves or are just broken in certain weather conditions - in my case cloudy day at ancient ruins and extreme freezing sunny at chalet.

I had working bluffs DJ booth parties, but those were during a sunny summer heatwave.

Message 9 of 49 (4,809 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input.

Something is def still not working as it should ... more voices would be great though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (4,768 Views)