Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Sims Can't Accept Awards

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not certain, this is the first occurrence
What is your current game version number?  1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I'm only missing bowling, backyard, kitchen, patio, and luxury stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs when a Sim is chosen for a starlight accolade award.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim is chosen to receive their Starlight Accolades award there will be an icon to accept the award for a second but disappears soon after, so the sim doesn't accept/receive the award. This makes it so you can't progress in the actor's lifetime achievement since the award doesn't show up in the household inventory even though the notification wall says it will be there.*
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to accept their award so they can progress in the lifetime achievement as well as display their awards within their houses.*
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I'm aware of

Hello! I also have this problem! I came up, tried to accept it on the microphone, and it showed for only a few seconds before it disappeared. I tried accepting it in between when the host spoke, and that didn't work. I also tried debugging the objects, the host, and myself. I saved and excited to the main menu, and then I also purchased another microphone. I am not sure what else to do to help me get my award. I am hesitant to head home to see if the award is in my inventory, but I have noticed that my aspiration is still marked as incomplete so I don't think it will work. 

Also, for your benefit, I pushed the "me too" button on the original post. I am mostly giving this information for the debuggers so that they can know what to work with, seeing as I'll probably cheat to get the aspiration. I do wish that I could accept the award though. Anyways, good luck friendos!

*OP said it best so I copied what they wrote

Message 21 of 35 (1,219 Views)

Hero
This thread has become a bit of a collection of things and I'm curious what's still open.

There's probably still issues if you try to accept an award if the mic is occupied. Try adding a second microphone.

Is anyone still having any of the other issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 35 (1,174 Views)

Champion
@crinrict I haven't had any issues recently accepting awards. I do have to time it correctly so that when the host steps back and the mic is unoccupied, I have my sim dash to it and accept an award before anyone else can touch it.

The only other issue I have is when a sim below 3 stars gets nominated for an award, they can't enter the lounge. You can manually set the door down to 1 stars, but if your sim have no stars, then that doesn't help.

The tooltip message says that they already have access to the lounge when you try to ask the bouncer to let you in (options are disabled). This makes me think that you're meant to have free access to the lounge during award ceremonies regardless of star level, but it's not working correctly.

I checked the door lock mechanism on the VIP door and I can't tell for sure if it's not set correctly - there's an entry for when award ceremonies happen, but the syntax seems to result in your sim being excluded from entry during award ceremonies instead of being allowed in - one of those cases where the devs have programmed the reverse action by mistake?
Message 23 of 35 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simvasion Yeah, there's a thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-lt-3-Stars-celebrities-can-t-attend-Award-Ceremony/m-p/73...

Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 35 (1,164 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!! Standard smile

We're still looking for save files to help us investigate this issue. Are you still seeing this in your game? Share your save file with us so we can investigate and take care of this for you! :eahigh_file:

Here's how you do that! Standard smile

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 35 (1,123 Views)

★ Guide

I just ran into this bug, so it's definitely still a thing. HOWEVER, the suggested addition of a second mic at the ceremony DOES fix the problem. Now if I could just get the last two hours of constant reloads trying to make it work back...

Message 26 of 35 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@alakurielle That's an interesting fix, Never considered it.

You don't have to accept it right away once it's announced. The option to accept will remain on the MIC until 11pm when the event closes. So, once someone else wins something, just cancel the "Watch" task if your sim has it and bogart the microphone by clicking on it and hitting Accept Award.
Message 27 of 35 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I find that the award host comes back to the mic too fast for my sims to accept, but I wait until another sim accepts, then try to accept again.  I doesn't always work.  Also I've started taking my sims to the award with autonomy off so that they won't be so chatty and involved with one another.  I like the idea of trying.a second mic, I'll give that a go for sure.  I've been able to click accept on the mic after another sim has accepted theirs, so it's all hit and miss, but I'm working around it and with the second mic idea, this might help me a lot!  Thanks guys!

Message 28 of 35 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yay!  I not only added more mics but more chairs and better quality bar, better floors and decor.  My sims got 4 awards this week!  Yay!  Now placed my award winning actors tiles in starlight boulevard at last!  It also helps if you have autonomy off at ceremonies so you can control your sims better.  Cheers all!

Message 29 of 35 (885 Views)

Re: My sim can't recieve a Starlight Accolade award

★ Apprentice

This bug is SO AGGRAVATING!!! I waited and went every single Sunday, finally won the award after many attemps, and wasn't able to accept it due to people chatting with me and hogging the microphone. What a letdown.

Message 30 of 35 (815 Views)