by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Sims Can't Accept Awards

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions/Game Packs/Etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs when a Sim is chosen for a starlight accolade award.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim is chosen to receive their Starlight Accolades award there will be an icon to accept the award for a second but disappears soon after, so the sim doesn't accept/receive the award. This makes it so you can't progress in the actor's lifetime achievement since the award doesn't show up in the household inventory even though the notification wall says it will be there.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to accept their award so they can progress in the lifetime achievement as well as display their awards within their houses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When the sim is chosen to receive their Starlight Accolades award there will be an icon to accept the award for a second but disappears soon after, so the sim doesn't accept/receive the award. This makes it so you can't progress in the actor's lifetime achievement since the award doesn't show up in the household inventory even though the notification wall says it will be there.

I wasn't able to get screenshots unfortunately because the icon went away too quickly.

Message 1 of 35 (7,267 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Accept Awards

Hero

Hi @kikoni8

I had no issues accepting my award.

At what point did you remove your mods ? Before getting them ? Did you receive any last-exception files ?

Do you happen to have a backup (there's auto-backups if you haven't saved too many times after the issue occurred)  where you could try again if it's reproducible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (7,202 Views)

Hero

Hi @kikoni8

were you able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (7,101 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I have seen this as well. In my case it appeared that the involved Sim got a desire to chat with her husband at the same time as the award notification came up causing it to immediately disappear again. I could click on the microphone and select accept reward speech but it would not appear in the Sims queue.

If I'm right and it was the desire to chat that caused it, it will be very hard to replicate. I have two Sims up for awards this Sunday (Sim time) I will see how that goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 35 (7,053 Views)

Hero
I've only seen this happen when the mic was occupied by another Sim. Just had to wait until that Sim left, then it worked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (7,050 Views)

Champion (Retired)

No one was occupying it tried several times before the announcer stepped forward again and ended the ceremony.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 35 (7,043 Views)

My sim can't recieve a Starlight Accolade award

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack released, and installed into my game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Win an accolade > Accept Award
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing - action is immediately cancelled, and no award shows in household or personal inventory.
What do you expect to see? Acceptance speech, and award in household inventory at least.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Read this thread, and am experiencing the same problem.

Message 7 of 35 (7,008 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My sim can't recieve a Starlight Accolade award

Hero

Hi @m3wlissa

was the presenter still occupying the mic ? 

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (6,971 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Ah, okay! Sorry, didn't see this one.

Presenter reoccupies the mic before my sim has a chance to accept. The "Accept Award" option is still there, but is immediately "X'd" out as soon as I select it.
Message 9 of 35 (6,940 Views)

Hero
Try interacting with the presenter or go to build mode and move the mic so he's not interacting with it anymore.

It does X out if the mic is occupied.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (6,937 Views)