by verfens

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] One Star Celebrities harder to talk to

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to talk to any of the Notable Newcomers.
What happens when the bug occurs? See that they're as tough to talk to as some of the upper tiers of celebrities- one of the options on Venessa was "attempt introduction," and my sim failed that. After multiple rounds of conversation with her, my sim still only has the options to "ask about interests," "Compare self to Venessa," "Exclaim adoration," and "Share personal story" under friendly.
What do you expect to see? Last I checked one star celebrities weren't even half as difficult to make friends with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent patch I started this game to prepare for Sulani, only to have my sims run into the wall of trying to befriend Venessa in this game, where my old saves she was more or less as easy to talk to as any basic sim without fame.

Sorry darling Venessa, you've always been a star in my heart, but not so big of one that I should be spamming "exclaim adoration" in order to befriend you. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (1,160 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] One Star Celebrities harder to talk to

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,108 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] One Star Celebrities harder to talk to

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone with this issue possibly share a save file, to help us investigate? Thanks for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (1,053 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] One Star Celebrities harder to talk to

★★ Guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RVLHUtyIgv6zhUy4kVtgK4PCh8cZC7Kk/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, sure np.  I was able to recreate the issue on brand new save on a completely fresh sims 4 file.  My rando sim is in Venessa's house, flipping out at meeting her, and needing to spam basic celebrity commands to talk to her.  I remember when I first played games with her my sim didnt ever need to attempt introduction for these kinds of sims Frown

Message 4 of 4 (1,032 Views)