Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Life Skill Instead of Celebrity

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. Happened after a game repair.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Public Image, Celebrity looks odd. Attached a screenshot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the celebrity stars look right.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Repaired my game twice.

Repaired my game twice, I'm not sure why my game is so broken I left mods out after I finished repairing. This is making my game unplayable!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,578 Views)

Re: Life Skill Instead of Celebrity

Hero

Guess you should try a factory reset if you haven't

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,529 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I'll do that in just a moment. I've done a factory reset before, I'll see if it helps.
Message 3 of 12 (3,503 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Okay, the factory reset didn't solve the celebrity error, but I've found that things like aging up or quitting and re-entering the spotlight solved it. It only seemed to affect Unknown celebs, all my other celebrities appeared to be fine. As for the issue with children being unable to claim beds, It appears that the factory reset fixed it. I put everything back in my Sims 4 folder after a factory reset/game repair and children can claim beds again. Perhaps some of the files in my old folder became corrupted. Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 12 (3,487 Views)

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 Weird issue.

Let's see if other chime in that have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,471 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Just noticed the same thing. Normally have celebrity fame turned off. I turned it back on, get "Life Skill" instead of reputation. Also, the meter goes from 0 to 5 stars and back to 0 constantly. I can step out of spotlight then back in and it resets to unknown with no moving meter. Haven't investigated much, was hoping I could find something on the internet
Message 6 of 12 (3,215 Views)

Hero
@jarfr have you ever used mods on that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (3,195 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Oh yes, many mods. I'm sure that is the root of the problem. Incidentally, I increased fame a little bit and the life skill changed to unknown and the bouncing meter was gone. The last time I had to find a broken mod, it took me 3 hours with loading/unloading the game.
Message 8 of 12 (3,192 Views)

Hero
@jarfr Do you have a backup from before this happened to your save ? It might be a problem that's stuck on the save even if removed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (3,189 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi, I'm having the same issue after repairing my game. I've never used mods, so that isn't the cause of the problem in my case.
Message 10 of 12 (2,973 Views)