by LeeQuiring

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Label you submitted music too is not the one showing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At your home lot, create new track, burn to disk and submit it to Maxis music studio. Go to other lot such as Bar and wait 1 day. Return to home and check your mailbox.
What happens when the bug occurs? Notification says "... meet the requirement of Dinky Beats music" or something like this. Not Maxis but Dinky.
What do you expect to see? A response from Maxis not Dinky
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 28 (10,201 Views)

Sims 4 get famous Record Label issues

★★ Novice

So my sim produced and burned a track. I sent the track to a high end label (Maxis something), then I got a response in the mail from Dinky Beats saying no... Then I got a call from someone at Dinky Beats asking to sign my sim. I accepted... Now all tracks are veing released under New Taskmasters... I am really confused 

Can anyone help? 

Also I have never heard from Maxis......(machine?) Even though I have sent quitr a few tracks their way (my sim has maxed the skill btw)

Thanks!

Message 2 of 28 (10,580 Views)

Re: Sims 4 get famous Record Label issues

★★★★ Novice

I have a similar issue, where everything says it was released under Tastemasters, regardless of which of the three labels I released under.

Worse still, I eventually get dropped by them all. I check my phone for updates. Tracks are regularly created by me and released. The notification wall says they hit Simify and my label will be pleased. But I still "time out" with all three labels and get dropped. On the royalties notification, those tracks which were the latest to be released successfully never show up, but there are many older ones still receiving 20-30 simoleons each day.

Maybe there is a maximum and I have exceeded it? Who knows.

Message 3 of 28 (10,368 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Joe-2134
This is a small EA bug with the names of the publishers. You sign a contract in my case with the producer "Good Bit", and someone else publishes it. As long as they pay me for it, I do not care.
@LeeQuiring
But your issue is not the same. This is related to this bug
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Published-objects-list-to-short-potentially-no/m-p...
Message 4 of 28 (10,357 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes my latest songs and even videos are not showing up in the royalty report... 

Message 5 of 28 (10,347 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ah, I see. So there is a limit, even if that is only a bug. Books, videos, these things cycle out and you have to add fresh content. Maybe that's the problem with tracks. They never go off the list.

Message 6 of 28 (10,339 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Joe-2134
We are still not sure if this is just a short list and if they pay for it. EA has not said anything yet.
Message 7 of 28 (10,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the help!

Message 8 of 28 (10,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It seems this thread is now a mixture of things.

We have currently to bug reports for this

I've merged this with the second one for now. Please post in the other if that's also the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (10,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi guys!

We have not been able to reproduce the issue were tracks submited to a specific label seem to be picked by a different one.

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? Would you be willing to share your save files with us?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks a lot! 

Tagging @Joe-2134  and @LeeQuiring 

Message 10 of 28 (10,027 Views)