Spouse is showing on on the lot the other is at.. Even the Active career lots!

by CarryBlack

Original Post

Re: Active career glitch

Message 51 of 72 (1,154 Views)

Re: Active career glitch

★★★★ Novice

Revoked key. Seems to have fixed the issue but will continue to play to see if it reappears. 

Message 52 of 72 (1,133 Views)
Highlighted

Spouse is showing on on the lot the other is at.. Even the Active career lots!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion pack , missing bowling and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go to your career active day and say late or take a vacation day while on another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was in the secret lab and my spouse was at work i took a vacation day and he left work after 1 hr and showed up on the lot without me clicking on him. And he has a lower career gauge cause of it. He also showed up on the Scientist active work lot( His wifes job) when she choose to stay later for work. What do you expect to see? Spouses should stay where they are instead of randomly skipping work and showing up wherever the other counterpart is located!
What do you expect to see? The spouse should stay at work or where ever he was previously instead of showing up on the other sims lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after the 6/18/2019 patch for sims 4

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion pack , missing bowling and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go to your career active day and say late or take a vacation day while on another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was in the secret lab and my spouse was at work i took a vacation day and he left work after 1 hr and showed up on the lot without me clicking on him. And he has a lower career gauge cause of it. He also showed up on the Scientist active work lot( His wifes job) when she choose to stay later for work.
What do you expect to see? Spouses should stay where they are instead of randomly skipping work and showing up wherever the other counterpart is located!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the 6/18/2019 patch to the sims 4 game

Message 53 of 72 (1,086 Views)

Re: Spouse is showing on on the lot the other is at.. Even the Active career lot

Hero
@CarryBlack Could you try to revoke the house key ?

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 72 (1,081 Views)

Re: Spouse is showing on on the lot the other is at.. Even the Active career lot

★★ Novice
@crinrict just did ty so far it works Standard smile
Message 55 of 72 (1,071 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!

We're still facing some issues reproducing this. If anybody still experiences this issue and would be willing to share a save file with us, that would indeed be very helpful! :eahigh_file:
Here is how you can send us your save file!

Thanks and Happy Simming everyone! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 56 of 72 (1,017 Views)

Sims Leave Work Early with No Prompt When Other Sim Visits Lot

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Island Living, all game packs except Strangerville, Laundry Day, Movie, Cool Kitchen, and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 1 Sim go to work, have another Sim leave the house either due to an active career like Actress, or to visit another lot. The first Sim that went to work will then return after only a few hours and cannot return to work. Job performance does suffer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nearly every time one of my Sims goes to work and the other leaves the house, either due to being actress or visiting another lot. I receive no prompt asking if the Sim should return home. I used to receive the prompt but I no longer do.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim that goes to work to stay at work the full time, or for the game to prompt me for the Sim to return home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've spent about 2 weeks now trying to figure out if anyone else is having this same issue. I found some threads from 2018 about it, but nothing from this year as far as I could tell. I'm not too aware of any patch notes that came out recently, but for about 3 weeks now, when I send one of my Sims to work that isn't an active career, and then send the second Sim to visit another lot, the other Sim will return home and also show up on the same lot as the other Sim. I tried combing the threads to see if anyone was experiencing this same issue and I didn't see anything. I also tried deleting the cache folder and hoped that fixed it, but it did not. I've also repaired the game and that has not fixed the issue either. 

Message 57 of 72 (1,042 Views)

Re: Sims Leave Work Early with No Prompt When Other Sim Visits Lot

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @magicalrealis!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to us! We appreciate your help a lot! :eahigh_file:
If you don't mind, you can hit the 'Me Too' button on this report as it seems to be overall the same issue that you experience.
Don't get confused because it says "Club Gathering", there are a couple of different circumstances for Sims leaving work early mentioned in this report. Wink

Thanks a million and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 72 (1,016 Views)

Hero
@magicalrealis Did you ever give your other household member a house key ? If so, could you try to revoke this to see if it still happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 72 (985 Views)

★ Novice

I tried it and it worked! I guess I'll be careful about handing out those house key lol

Message 60 of 72 (957 Views)