actor career - sim stuck on the lot

by MalagaAda

Original Post

Re: Sim's spouse follows to work

Hero
Hi @Sozki

not confirmed but a suspicion. Try if it still happens if you revoke the key (no negative effects if you do)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 72 (1,210 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Household members turn up to set

★★ Novice

Yea not a problem. I believed I have it saved on my computer. I'll get it for you once I get home.... if I can find it.

Message 42 of 72 (1,182 Views)

actor career - sim stuck on the lot

★★ Novice

I have two Sims in a household, one is an actor and whenever she goes to work the other Sim goes with her and gets stuck on the lot. I can play with the other Sim, make her eat, go pee etc but I cannot make her go home because it says that there is an active social event and until my other sim finishes shooting, the non-actor one is stuck Frown

Message 43 of 72 (1,186 Views)

Re: actor career - sim stuck on the lot

Hero (Retired)
@MalagaAda

This bug was reported. Did your sim give the key to the residence to that person before they lived together?
Probably just this causes this error, but this is not yet confirmed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-GF-Household-members-KeyHolders-turn-up-to-set-on/...
Go to the first post in this link and click ME TOO

I don't work for EA
Message 44 of 72 (1,180 Views)

Hero

Hi @MalagaAda 

I merged your thread with the one @kreatora  linked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 72 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Actually, I don't think it has really anything to do with the key or anything because when you move a sim in the key is destroyed because you automatically have the key.  I don't really think its a big deal because fans join the science career lot and even seen a stan their.  Most of the scientist are also fans, but you can't see the fan or stan information because the science career job covers it up.  So its possible that you might have the fan perk and stan quirk and the reason why your other sim shows up there is because when you are on that lot the sim at work is available, but the sim will eventually go back to work after the shooting properly shows up to cheer you on.

Edit: If your sim is a cook or a mixologist he may show up even when he is working at the studio to prepare food or other things.  Game tries to use preexisting sims and if non of the npc match it will find one that is a playable but npc at the time, don't worry they didn't change jobs they are just doing a assigned task for their job.

Message 46 of 72 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here - household partner and key holder shows up at the film set.

Message 47 of 72 (1,088 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We're still looking for save files, we're still having trouble reproducing this, thanks so much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-eam/m-p/60653... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 48 of 72 (1,037 Views)

Active career glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to active career. Mine is a doctor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim I leave at home or regular job (husband) shows up at active career location.
What do you expect to see? Sims should stay at their own workplace (or at home if it is their day off).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this is an issue with the MC command center mod or with the game. Whenever I send my sim to her job as a doctor, the husband shows up a couple of hours into her job. He even leaves work to go to the hospital. It is hurting his career performance. 

Will removing the mod help? Is there something else I can do?

UPDATE: Removed mod (no other mods or cc on system). Issue still occurs. 

Message 49 of 72 (1,004 Views)

Re: Active career glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @haruka13666 

did you ever give one of the Sim a house key and they still have it ? If so, try revoking the key even though they moved in with you.

Also merged your post.

Also see @SimGuruNick post above. QA is looking for saves for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 72 (985 Views)