Re: Sim's spouse follows to work

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Household members turn up to set

Hero

Hi @iluvmysailor

does your spouse have a key ? If you gave one to them before they move in, they still do so did you create them all in one family or move them in but gave them a key before you did ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 72 (1,182 Views)

Hero

I've merged threads and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 72 (1,166 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

At everyone that has this issue, do the Sims that show up on set have a house key ?

@Ellie1123 @CinnamonToastBun @Ms_AcidicTreat @bookmaster325

If you gave them one before they moved in with you, they'll still have it unless you revoke them

If you do, can you try revoking the key to see if they still show up ?

I only have this problem with Sims I've given a key to. If I take away their key they stop showing up. It doesn't seem to matter if they "should be" at work. 

Message 33 of 72 (1,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DizzyDee-K wrote:

@crinrict wrote:

At everyone that has this issue, do the Sims that show up on set have a house key ?

@Ellie1123 @CinnamonToastBun @Ms_AcidicTreat @bookmaster325

If you gave them one before they moved in with you, they'll still have it unless you revoke them

If you do, can you try revoking the key to see if they still show up ?

I only have this problem with Sims I've given a key to. If I take away their key they stop showing up. It doesn't seem to matter if they "should be" at work. 

I don't know if this the same issue or just similar. When my Sims "Fame" increased he got a bunch of phone messages while at work re: "catching up."

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 8.25.33 PM.png

Then the Sims - there were several - showed up at the Science Lab.

12-29-18_8_25_10 PM.png

Message 34 of 72 (1,121 Views)

Re: [GF] Significant other appearing at gigs

★★ Guide

551FD5AE-6DD1-4AD4-8770-C629E60416E3.jpegI have this as well, my actress Sim just moved in with Thorne Bailey and he keeps showing up and can’t leave. Her work tasks show up in the corner even when he is the selected Sim. 

Message 35 of 72 (1,092 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.Very annoying. But my significant other didn't work at the set before or anything. He just show up or keeps asking to leave work.

Message 36 of 72 (1,052 Views)

Sim's spouse follows to work

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Spa. Stuff packs: Outdoors (drinking glass with straw icon), children's room (icon with kids), Horror stuff (halloween pumpkin icon) and Hot kitchen stuff (ice cream icon)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims live in same house, one leaves to work and you click follow to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? My both sims come to the one's workplace and I can't make the other leave because "There is event going on"
What do you expect to see? One sim goes to work, the other whose job it isn't stays at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Get Famous.

I haven't tried other works that you can follow your sim into, if this applies to them too. I'm also not 100% sure if this is a bug or not, as the spouse has the "Jealous" personality trait so could this be because of that? It also doesn't happen all the time. 

Sorry if there are errors, my game is in Finnish so I don't know what everything is called in english..

I added a pic where you can see the spouse with plumbob over his head and the actual worker woman standing in front of mirror, learning stuff.

Message 37 of 72 (1,021 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sozki 

I merged your thread with an existing thread that's probably the same issue.

Did you ever give them a key before they got married ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 72 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@iluvmysailor  @Kita5399  @Sozki  @manufreitasvalle 

Would you be willing to share your save file with us?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

It could help us a lot!

Thank you very much!

Message 39 of 72 (990 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict 

I did give a key to the spouse before getting them married. Is that confirmed to cause problems?
Message 40 of 72 (966 Views)