Re: [TO TEST] Sims with keys keep showing up at work and vacation

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict I gave a key to Venessa Jeong and went to visited Elisa Pancakes. Venessa Jeong spawn onto Elisa Pancakes lot and breaks in/or use the key and walks into Elisa Pancakes front door

Untitled-2.png

but ya , any Sim has your house key will follow you.. but I also find this to funny/cute and never reported it.

Message 21 of 72 (1,519 Views)

Hero
Wonder if that's the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GF-Household-members-turn-up-to-set/td-p/7203001...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 72 (1,510 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Household members turn up to set

Hero

At everyone that has this issue, do the Sims that show up on set have a house key ?

@Ellie1123 @CinnamonToastBun @Ms_AcidicTreat @bookmaster325

If you gave them one before they moved in with you, they'll still have it unless you revoke them

If you do, can you try revoking the key to see if they still show up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 72 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Here Venessa showing up on set

12-22-18_5-07-52 AM.png

Lilith also holds a key to, but she only shows up late at night to my house or If I'm visiting Straud and they will just walk in. difference between both threads, these guys don't live at my house and Venessa is my Sim GF. tho it does sounds like the same issue 

Message 24 of 72 (1,501 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've given keys to two townies who don't live with me and they both show up at the police station while I'm working.

Message 25 of 72 (1,467 Views)

Hero

Does anyone know if the give key interaction came with the patch or get famous ? I do think it's the patch but not sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 72 (1,455 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict I didn't see the Key until Get Famous. I thought the pack given us that feature..

Message 27 of 72 (1,442 Views)

Hero
It's possible. I didn't play until I installed the pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 72 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CinnamonToastBun wrote:

I have had this happen in my game as well, although I have not tested it without mods yet. The significant other used to work at the studio lot as a camera guy while my sim is an actress. He often pops up with the "Are you sure you want to leave work now?" box if he's at his new job so I'm able to prevent him from showing up. Once he's there, he can't be sent home at all until the actress gets off work.

One thing I have noticed however is that this also occurs on the home lot as well. If he leaves for work, occasionally I will get the same pop-up bubble with the "Are you sure you want (sim) to leave work now?" notification despite having no reason to be coming home at all and not having selected for him to come back. It's happened at least twice in my game and I think it's related to the original problem of significant others showing up to movie sets.

That's the exact problem I've been having! Before my sims married, my actor sim's girlfriend would show up to set before they even started living together. Now when he's at home (between noon and 1pm) or when he's at a gig I'll get a prompt about her skipping work. If she has no work that day, she just shows up. Even after quitting the acting career my sim's wife continues to attempt leaving work early. She did have an apartment key at some point, but I've revoked it. No matter what mods I remove this continues to happen. I'd submit my save but I don't know if it can be opened without some of these mods...

@crinrict wrote:

At everyone that has this issue, do the Sims that show up on set have a house key ?

@Ellie1123 @CinnamonToastBun @Ms_AcidicTreat @bookmaster325

If you gave them one before they moved in with you, they'll still have it unless you revoke them

If you do, can you try revoking the key to see if they still show up ?

I've tried revoking the key and the spouse still shows up to set. I've also quit the acting career and the sim in question continues to attempt leaving work early.

Message 29 of 72 (1,460 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. About 70% of the time my sims spouse shows up to the set and leaves work but the younger sims will stay are school. It is annoying because it cuts your sims pay because they are only working a parttime shift. I have uploaded a picture showing my female sim which is there for her gig and her husband just showed up. I can try and add a video if you need one.... Thank you!

Message 30 of 72 (1,420 Views)