Re: [GF] Significant other appearing at gigs

Hero

Hi @Ms_AcidicTreat

found the thread and merged.

Also added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 72 (1,437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have we figured out what is going on? I asked around in Deaderpools Discord and some people say EA made it so spouses will show up on purpose. But I don't think this is something EA would do.

Message 12 of 72 (1,410 Views)

★ Guide

Having the same issue - my sim is a doctor and the club members from his club (not active family) will just pop in there and start using the treadmill and computer and not listed as patients.  They also do this at the film studio for my actor sim - have not tested the detective or scientist yet.

Message 13 of 72 (1,406 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Household members turn up to set

★★★★ Guide
I haven't seen this issue (yet) in my own gameplay, but I've seen it in TheSimSupply's latest Rags2Riches LP.
Message 14 of 72 (1,395 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I saw it there, then noticed it in mine. It's super frustrating! 

Message 15 of 72 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have had this happen in my game as well, although I have not tested it without mods yet. The significant other used to work at the studio lot as a camera guy while my sim is an actress. He often pops up with the "Are you sure you want to leave work now?" box if he's at his new job so I'm able to prevent him from showing up. Once he's there, he can't be sent home at all until the actress gets off work.

One thing I have noticed however is that this also occurs on the home lot as well. If he leaves for work, occasionally I will get the same pop-up bubble with the "Are you sure you want (sim) to leave work now?" notification despite having no reason to be coming home at all and not having selected for him to come back. It's happened at least twice in my game and I think it's related to the original problem of significant others showing up to movie sets.

Message 16 of 72 (1,357 Views)

EA Staff

Helo everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this issue at our end. Can you help us? Standard smile

Please send us your save files so we can give them a look!

You can find instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks! and Happy Simming! :D

Message 17 of 72 (1,327 Views)

[OPEN] [GF] Sims with keys keep showing up at work and vacation

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GF plus latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a sim a key and go explore the jungle. When you get to the temple the key holder shows up. May also need to be engaged to your Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The key holder shows up at work or vacation.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect them to show up at work or on vacation,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GF and last patch

Went on vacation. Got to the temple and he just showed up.

12-16-18_8_11_47 PM.jpg

Message 18 of 72 (1,403 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims with keys keep showing up at work and vacation

★ Guide

My actor Sim has had his friend, Moira Fyres, show up at the studio when he once chose to stay after hours.

Message 19 of 72 (1,367 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims with keys keep showing up at work and vacation

Hero
Did you also give him a key ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 72 (1,364 Views)