Re: [OPEN] [CL] [DHD] [GF] NPC Sims with Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

At Scientist Lab: contact aliens using satellite dish brings spouse to lot

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: GTW, Get Together, C&Ds, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Game: OR, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, JA Stuffs: LP, PP, CK, Spooky, MH, RG, KR, Backyard, VG, BN, Fitness, Toddler, LD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a scientist (when they go to work) who has a spouse (mine works as a comedian) and have them use the satellite dish to contact aliens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The spouse appears at the science lab lot leaving their home or work do so and acts like a tourist. They can't be sent home but appear there with the scientist after work. The first time the spouse was at their work and left it early also several alien tourists appeared with her. The next time only she appeared it was her day off work.
What do you expect to see? The spose becomes active at the scientists workplace. You can select them and make them do stuff like eat, play with computers etc but they can't leave till the end of the scientists shift.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I removed all Mods from my game in October 2018 and Enable Custom Content Mods has not been ticked since then. This started after the latest game patch which gave us the great new stair options.

Message 61 of 72 (1,263 Views)

Re: At Scientist Lab: contact aliens using satellite dish brings spouse to lot

Hero
@Simbologist This usually happens for keyholders. Try to revoke the house key from the spouse and it shouldn't happen again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 72 (1,235 Views)

Re: At Scientist Lab: contact aliens using satellite dish brings spouse to lot

★★ Apprentice

Thank you she does have a key from before they married. Standard smile

Message 63 of 72 (1,223 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Sims with keys keep showing up at work and vacation

Hero

@DizzyDee-K  I have had the temple issue too and another related problem.  I'm curious if you have had any problems with the temple not closing properly when you travel out.  It took me months to figure out what was causing the problem and have reached the conclusion that it was keyholders who show up while you're in the temple.   You'll know that they are on the temple lot when you are selecting the sims you are going to travel out with as they will show up in in the pop up window of sims you select to travel with.  Sometimes they aren't even visible anywhere on the lot.  The work around I've found is to always travel to the Trailhead and mouse back over until you can see if the gates are closed.  If they are, you're good and can head to the rental.  If not, you have to send a sim back into the temple and try again.  Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.  

As to keyholders in general, at least one keyholder shows up on every lot I go to every time (I've given out a lot of keys).  Lot type doesn't seem to matter.  I see them at the temple and rental property in JA, on all of the lots in OR including the Hermits House/Deep Woods, at bars, lounges, bowling alley, Dine Out restaurants, gyms, residential lots, the GTW work locations, the GF stage lot and in every world I travel to.  Basically on every lot I go to, at least one if not more keyholders follow my household if the household member that gave them the key is in the travel party.  I also found that if you live on a residential lot and give a key then move to a CL apartment, the keyholders will then show up at your apartment but you don't get the events nor complete the aspiration goal that come with the apartment keys you give out.  It takes giving an apartment key to get those.  

The solution here is pretty simple IMHO.  Keyholders should not show up anywhere other than the residential lot where the sim who gave them the key lives.

Message 64 of 72 (1,148 Views)

★ Pro

@CGrant56 

I haven't had any problems with the Temple, but I've stopped giving out keys and I've taken back any keys that have been given. I just use a cheat for the "give key" milestone, now. It got too annoying having them show up everywhere.

Message 65 of 72 (1,126 Views)

Hero

@DizzyDee-K  I like having the keyholders too much to go as far as revoking them all so I live with it.  Most of the time, I just ignore them anyway.  I do think that they show up way too much though.  C'mon, everyday, really?  A couple of times a week is enough.  And teen keyholders show up when they should be in school.  But I kinda like having them show up at the vacation rentals, just not the JA temples and OR hermits house.  Anyway, when I get fed up with them, I just send them home using the MCCC option to make a sim leave.  I like the way apartment keys work a lot better and wish the devs would change the GF keyholders to work the same way.

Message 66 of 72 (1,114 Views)

Hero
If anyone still has saves to share for this, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 72 (1,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens to me with the active careers from Get To Work also.  An NPC sim that has been given a key to my sim's apartment or home will show up to the hospital or science lab and stay for my sim's entire shift.  I expect it would happen with the lots for the Detective and Actor careers as well, but I haven't played them much.

Message 68 of 72 (916 Views)

Hero
@imalumberjack37 Moved your post over to the thread for the GTW careers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 72 (894 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @imalumberjack37 ,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 70 of 72 (851 Views)