by Zilverwolf2

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Fame not progressing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a sim that allready genrated fame before the november patch. This bug exists in my game since then. Hadn't updated to the november patch since last week and then i noticed the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not only can we not toggle fame options but my existing sim, allready famous and on the treshold of B-Star isn't gaining any fame. The progress bar is not moving forward anymore.
What do you expect to see? I want her to gain fame and the progress bar moving forward
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10 patch but only noticed it last week because i patched the game last week. At first i thouht it was because of the not toggle fame bug.

I did the following to try to repair it:  I removed all my mods and deleted the localthumb package. Restarted the game. Played for 24 sim hours. Bug still there. I tried an older save. Did not help. Yesterday i repaired the game (unfortunately it updated to the latest patch when i did the game repair)  and tested for 24 simhours trying everything that would add fame. No luck. The progress bar is not moving. At his point i don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to lose my save again for the umpteenth time and start a new game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,678 Views)

Not gaining fame points - console

★★★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.35.8.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, DO, CL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be an artist and sell painting. Take a lot of photos and sell them. After reaching level 1 fame, nothing changes and I have been playing for hours. The amount of items made and sold she should be at least level 3.
What happens when the bug occurs? After reaching level 1 fame, no fame points are added.
What do you expect to see? Fame level from doing fame gaining interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Dec patch

N/A

Message 2 of 13 (3,625 Views)

Re: Not gaining fame points - console

Hero
@MzMelonz Going to merge this with the other report of fame not progressing.

Is it only for artists for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (3,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictThank you! So far, it does appear to be the case that it is only for artists. However, others who I play with fame have slower progressive tasks, so I am not able to say. I hope this makes sense.

Message 4 of 13 (3,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @MzMelonz  My sim is not an artist but is earning fame by posting on instagram and making video's with the videostation. But no matter what actions i take, not even singing kareoke for example makes my sim gain any fame any more. Like i said in my original post. So it seems that not only artists have the problem.

Message 5 of 13 (3,530 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had an Artist that couldn't progress further than a 2-star Celebrity. 

But What I decide was go on the Computer and Create a Social Media Profile, after then progress kicked in and things were moving up too fast. lol.

Message 6 of 13 (3,494 Views)

Sim won't gain fame.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, vampires, dine out, my 1st pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete actions to gain fame, however sim will not gain new fame level (2 star to 3 star) etc. Use drone to stream, sell paintings, upload videos with more views video station, etc
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has been stuck at 2 star celebrity level
What do you expect to see? Sim should be advancing through star levels
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. It began after I installed Get to Work and City Living

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 7 of 13 (3,417 Views)

Re: [GF] Fame not progressing

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 13 (3,356 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Fame not progressing

★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem with two sims in the same household, one as a comedian and the other as a singer. 

I have "sims begin opted out of fame to begin with" enabled in pack settings. 

I got both my sims to "step into the spotlight"

Their fame points remain stuck at 0 no matter how many fame point interactions they do.

Message 9 of 13 (2,621 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Fame not progressing

★ Guide

I am having this issue. no matter what I do my sim won't increase

Message 10 of 13 (2,065 Views)