by bookmaster325

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Celebrity husband acts like fan

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but SV
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a high level celebrity go places with significant other.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my proper celebrity goes places with her husband he immediately stands off to the side with other fans grasping his face and acting excited. It's just so stupid because he's my husband. Other people, like her best friends, do this as well. Cant they just code in for sims who have high relationships not act like a fan?
What do you expect to see? I expect my husband and best friends or any sim with relationship bars full to not act like a regular fan.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All people with high relationships with my proper celebrity,  including her own husband, act like fans. I hate when I try to go out with my husband and he stands in the crowd cheering at me like he's a fan that doesn't even know my sim. Happens every time we leave the house. Makes no sense. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (2,547 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [GF] Celebrity husband acts like fan

★★★★ Guide
I thought it was either by design or not considered to be a concern. I've tried it out with both celebs of different levels and the same and they all react to each other's celeb actions, no matter how high the relationship. (shrug)
Message 2 of 15 (2,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I know it happens, but to me it seems like that should be something that needs fixed. Maybe it doesn't bother others? It just doesn't make sense for sims who have max relationship to go out as a group only to have them all stand around trying for autographs and fainting over their own wife or best friend. It is a malfunctioning interaction. Something they somehow didn't consider when coding in these actions. They need to write in an exception code. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think its by design, because if your partner is not famous, he most be a special fan to be married to such a special person.  Also another thing I a quate from unknow person that I remembered but I can't remember the name, Isn't your husband/wife your greatest fan, so it is true to real life.  Of course if he is not famous his reputation should go up and down based on his connection to them and the wifes/husbands reputation.

Message 4 of 15 (2,432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, it's  not normal in real life for a wife or husband of a celebrity to faint, ask for autographs,  or position themselves among the paparazzi and scream at the sight of them lol. Not normal at all.

Message 5 of 15 (2,394 Views)

Hero
I'm adding this as unsure. Strongly leaning towards this being feedback but let's see how many people are bothered by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,329 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GF] Celebrity husband acts like fan

★★★★★ Apprentice

In addition to the Celebrity husband acting like a fan I have a celebrity Young Adult who has a half-brother and a half-alien half-brother (that's a mouthful) who both live in a different household (with their mother) and the half-alien half-brother (I'll call him HAHB) acts like a fan.  He's not able to have any sort of relationship with the Celebrity Young Adult because the only interaction options are "Attempt Introduction" and the sassy celebrity sister wants no part of it.  The human half-brother recognizes her as a half-sibling and they're able to interact normally.

Message 7 of 15 (2,287 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I think it's just odd...my sim's husband had a whim to "introduce himself" to his celebrity husband. They're fully maxed on friendship & romance and have a kid. If they don't know each other from all that, I don't know what I can do for them. XD
Message 8 of 15 (2,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bookmaster325 Must have missed your answer here :D

The whim issue has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-quot-Try-to-introduce-yourself-quot-whim-for/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've made a (mean) celebrity sim publicly abuse a sim she hates (hatred is mutual), only to have her queued actions interrupted...by automated 'fan' actions from the sim-who's-being-berated.  Shocked  No, no, it's not normal to hero-worship a despised celebrity who's been screaming abuse at you in the middle of a big party, nor is it normal for the celebrity to smugly accept that worship.  It's not in accordance with the sims' emotional states, either.  It's hard to cancel the fan-worship, too--I try to X it out, of course, but the automated-actions delete my queued actions entirely, & the x-ing of the automated action doesn't always take.  I'm killing those sims off; the existing emotional system's too primitive to handle their relationship properly.

They haven't programmed sims for complex relationships (full stop!), but especially not with sims they know who manage to become celebrities.  It's as if their celebrity-status wipes out the sims' knowledge of not only their relationship history (grew up together), but even the events of the preceding seconds.  It's possible that's an accurate portrayal of EA's viewpoint: celebrity status trumps all.

eta:  yah, my celebrities' spouses do the hero-worshipping, too--even when the spouses are also celebrities!

Message 10 of 15 (2,117 Views)