by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Can't participate in Drama Club Performance/no award

Hero
Anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (1,623 Views)

★ Guide

I'm still having issues with this, but it's intermittent. Sometimes my teen will give me the notification and I can go right away. Sometimes I won't have the option, but reloading from the main menu or reloading the game entirely will usually unstick it. I don't have mods and don't download things from the gallery that include CC.

Also there's a typo in the notification. It says "[Teen] has a Drama Club performance today! Other household member should attend and support her." It should say other household members.

Message 12 of 31 (1,588 Views)

★ Guide

My problem is with the second part of the original issue. I have teens move through the ranks of drama club and they get the yellow check mark that they should graduate to Junior Artiste but they don't actually get either the promotion or the award. I also noticed that in my game I never received the blue award. I was trying to collect all the colours through game play but after 170 or so tries for the blue one I eventually gave up. (Yes I actually raised 170 sims through drama club trying to get a virtual statue that is available in debug)

Message 13 of 31 (1,522 Views)

Hero
@Reekyteek Could you send your save to QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (1,504 Views)

Can't attend drama club performance

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child be in drama club and have them have a performance.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the notification that my kid has a performance, but i can't attend it with any of the sims on the lot.
What do you expect to see? Being able to attend the performance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent hotfix for the Eco update

I just had one of my kids have a performance, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't attend it.

It worked before the recent patch.

Someone amongst the coders has something against actors, I get the feeling...

Message 15 of 31 (1,492 Views)

Re: Can't attend drama club performance

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Merged your post with existing thread on this.

QA is looking for saves on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I'm having issues with this as well. Two times in a row have I received the notification that my child Sim has a drama club performance that the family can attend, and there's no way to send any family members to attend it. There's no available option on the Sim I wish to send. Checked with and without mods (only mods I use are the homework one [skill-ranking while doing homework] and simda dating app).

I own every Sims 4 DLC content available through Origin, if that matters.

Is this at all related to the Eco expansion recent updates and what-not? Is there a fix for this yet?
Message 17 of 31 (1,403 Views)

Hero
@AIIooAwooo Don't think there is but I think QA is still looking for saves on this one so if you could send yours, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 31 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict How do I send a save, exactly? Where do I do it, etc.?
Message 19 of 31 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Additionally, I was randomly able to send my Sim to the show once by doing the following:

> Have child Sim selected.

> RIGHT click the Sim to send to the performance so that Sim is now the active Sim A.

> Select Sim A to have an option appear on the immediate wheel as "Attend performance show," or something along those lines.

> Sim A goes to the show.

Not sure why it worked that time and not the others, and I'm going to keep trying it this specific way to see if it has to be done like this for it to register.

Message 20 of 31 (1,362 Views)