Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Furniture swatches not matching in color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits and Star Wars Journey to Batoo Game Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the color of the wood tones on the new furniture, like the coffee tables and dressers, and look at the ashy brown color and compare that to the same brown color on other furniture options. Also look at the curved sided dresser, it’s lighting/shading isn’t rendered correctly and it will be all dark and shadowy in a room full of lights.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ash brown color pallet of wood and other colors of furniture like dressers and side tables and tv stands of the new game pack do not match the wood to other pieces of furniture like couches and counters. It is a completely different tone/shade of wood and i cannot use them with the other new buy items because it does not match. the brown color looks the same with every buy item on the pallet pop up option but in game the colors do not match. for example, the brown wood tone on the couches looks fine, but when i set down a coffee table with the exact same color, it looks 10 shades lighter than it’s supposed to look. also, specially the round sided dresser looks dark and shaded in a room full of light and it is like that with other furniture also.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that all wood tones specifically the ashy brown one match all of the buy items that came with the pack. it’s supposed to be an interior designer game pack but i cannot use most of the items because they do not even match with the wood tones. i also expect to see that the shading on the dresser is fixed to match the lighting of its surroundings accordingly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here are pictures that show the glitch/bug. The first one is the incorrect shading and lighting of one of the new dressers, and the second one is the comparison of the new coffee table ashy brown color compared to the same color of the frame of the new couches. it clearly is lighter and does not match.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 4 (1,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Furniture Glitch in New Interior Designer Game Pack

Community Manager (retired)

We can reproduce the issue shown in the second screenshot but not the first one. Can anyone possibly share a save file where you've seen the issue occurring? You can DM me a link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (893 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@moho8677 When I had a modular couch in front of a window one of the sections had more direct sunlight than the other, They looked like two completely different colors.
Message 2 of 4 (1,027 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We can reproduce the issue shown in the second screenshot but not the first one. Can anyone possibly share a save file where you've seen the issue occurring? You can DM me a link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (894 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

just saw this, is it possible to share a save file on xbox?

Message 4 of 4 (712 Views)