Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Freelancer: Refuse To Complete After Excellent Performance

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Digital Deluxe, Seasons, City Living, Vampires, Dine Out, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Holiday Celebration, Kids Room, Cats and Dogs, Vintage, Parenthood, Bowling Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose any freelancer career and complete all tasks till you reach full performance bar and it will refused to complete the job and promote.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fails to promote to receive rewards and bonus money.
What do you expect to see? Completion of job and promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Major patch last Tuesday.

Freelancer careers will refuse to promote or finish once reached excellent performance. Usual tick to say its ready to promote does not exist. Have to cancel the job every time which means I lose all my performance.

Message 2 of 29 (7,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: Refuse To Complete After Excellent Performance

EA Sims Team

Hello.

There was a patch released today that may have fixed this.  Version 1.54.120.  Is anyone still seeing this after updating?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 21 of 29 (6,535 Views)

All Replies

Re: No Career raise & work status

★ Guide
@crinrict I have two freelancers who get the LE at job completion/submission. When I was told it was related to job performance level, I used UI Extensions to lower one of those sim's job performance from 100 to 0. Gig completed successfully. Raised performance back to 100, and got the LE. So I can make this bug. appear or disappear at will.
Message 1 of 29 (7,934 Views)

Re: All Freelancer Careers Refused To Complete After Excellent Performance

★★★★★ Novice

When this happened in my game, the final assignment that would normally have caused the excellent performance checkmark didn't complete/clear until the timer ran out - all the objectives were marked as complete, but no finalization. And even re-doing the objectives didn't help.

Once the time ran out, the performance meter was set back to Average. There is no way to max out Freelancing at the moment.

Message 3 of 29 (7,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JCDARKH0RSE @Requielle 

Do you guys get any last exceptions ? I think it's the same issue as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-icon-still-at-work-after-promotion-after/m-...

Please attach them to your post if you get any. Either create a .rar file and upload or c/p the exception in spoiler tags. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (7,742 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No last exceptions. All tasks are complete and ticked. The performance bar is full but the tick box where you would usually be ready for promotion do not exist and upon completion you just get paid and nothing else. The job will just sit there completed but won’t be removed unless you do it yourself and that then lowers your performance so you have to start it all again but every time you do its the same thing. And this is on all of the freelancer jobs. Before the recent patch my sim had no problem and would complete and receive the rewards and would begin to earn extra. But no its just bugged. I have tried removing localthumb, onlinecache etc and no luck. Tried to repaired and again no luck.
Message 5 of 29 (7,728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Requielle This is exactly my problem and happens to all 3 of the careers.
Message 6 of 29 (7,727 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe it's just the lack of caffeine talking here, but I'm not sure what "last exceptions" are - so not sure if I'm getting them. I read the linked thread, still not clear. I'm not greyed out or anything. And the game plays normally during the "stuck job" time otherwise, and plays on normally once the stuck job completes and resets the career (until it's time for final promotion and then it happens again).

I'm not getting it on a different career on a different Sim. I just got my level 10 promotion on a new Sim on the Military career path.

I can go back and see if I can get more information by playing the Freelancer again. Is there specific information that would be helpful? I didn't notice anything special other than the "all task boxes checked, but job doesn't complete until time is up" followed by "reset performance meter".

Message 7 of 29 (7,676 Views)

Hero
@Requielle They are files in your documents folder called LastException.txt (sometimes with numbers). Those are written by the game if it runs into an unhandled error.

Best is to delete all of them that you have now and then check if the game creates a new file after running into the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (7,670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just had a new Sim work up the Freelance Artist career. Slightly different variation of the problem this time - the job tasks finished (Gig: Kick-started Catastrophe), the job itself did not auto-complete, and the performance meter reset to average immediately (instead of when job finished via timer).

Sim was paid when the timer ran out, and got a performance boost to his newly-average score.

A single lastException.txt file was generated when the bug initially manifested.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>470d696fef779fe95d373fa4</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-07-23 18:32:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.53.115.1020-1.200.000.400.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>reward.py:136</categoryid><desyncid>470d696fef779fe95d373fa4</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'factory')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 206, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 463, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3626, in _process_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 775, in process_one_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 935, in process_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 323, in remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 1134, in _remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4876, in on_removed_from_si_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4888, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6660, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5725, in _trigger_interaction_complete_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 256, in process_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 365, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 363, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 64, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 206, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 389, in complete_milestone&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 408, in satisfy_assignment&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2145, in gig_aspiration_completed&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2172, in _end_work_at_home_gig&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3410, in evaluate_career_performance&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3071, in _promote&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3281, in _increase_overmax_level&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 103, in give_reward&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 136, in _give_reward_payout&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 136, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'factory'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 9 of 29 (7,636 Views)

Freelance Artist: Gigs Still Active Upon Completion

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs are installed [Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living and Seasons] along with the free Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs following payment upon completion of all tasks in a gig for the Freelance Artist career
What happens when the bug occurs? Gig tasks are complete and payment is received; however, the gig remains in the sims career panel preventing acceptance of new gigs and will not clear unless the gig is cancelled resulting in a lose of career performance
What do you expect to see? Typically the gig clears from the career panel and a new gig is able to be accepted without having to lose any career performance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 10 of 29 (7,619 Views)