Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Freelancer Career: List of gigs empty for Artist

by lxcnci0zvmau

Original Post

Re: gigs for freelance crafter not showing up

Hero

HI @plzsaysike78 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 30 (1,405 Views)

SIMply Crafted gigs picker list is empty

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle Parenthood Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the freelancer career, select trade as "SIMply Crafter". Select the gigs picker, or select gigs via computer or phone. All three options will show up blank
What happens when the bug occurs? The gigs picker is empty
What do you expect to see? The list of gig pickers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue started when i downloaded Eco Lifestyle. It has affected not only the the SIMply crafted trade. After I change to other trades, the gig picker would be empty too. 

I have mods, but I tried removing them and going back to the existing save to test if it works, but nothing shows up still. 

The only time it worked was when I started a new save with no mods. After I placed my mods back, I went back to this save, and the gigs picker still showed the list of gigs, showing that it is not the issue with the mods. 

Message 22 of 30 (1,193 Views)

Re: SIMply Crafted gigs picker list is empty

Hero
@Jan_jan_janggg I merged your post on another thread for freelancer.

I will adjust the title to make it about all freelancer career later when the bug template doesn't break anymore on editing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (1,184 Views)

EA Staff
@Jan_jan_janggg

Hello!
If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 30 (1,159 Views)

Freelancer Gigs Window Is Blank

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens for me every time I switch over to a new household in my current save and try to make someone a Freelancer.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Freelancer's gig window is blank.
What do you expect to see? The gigs window displaying gigs like it should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening to me for a long time and after so many failed attempts to fix it, I'm resorting to reporting it here.

How it happens is I'll start a new save and I'll get into my groove with some families and stuff in a world. Then I'll switch over to the Greenburg household and try to make Blossom into a Freelancer. I'll pick out a trade for her and then I'll go to the gigs button, and when the window opens, it's totally BLANK.

I normally play my game with mods that add more gameplay. I also use custom content in my game. I thought that maybe if I unchecked the box that allowed mods and CC, it would fix it. So far, it doesn't do anything. The save is still having the same blank gigs window bug. I have tried removing A LOT of mods, thinking that it's one or two that might be conflicting with it, but even wiping the game clean of all mods and CC doesn't work. Even repairing the game in Origin doesn't seem to work. The only thing that works is if I START ALL OVER in a new save and that really pisses me off because I work hard on my storylines only to have to start all over again, which eventually leads to me feeling burnt out with the game.

Message 25 of 30 (1,111 Views)

Re: Freelancer Gigs Window Is Blank

Hero
@Grittleghast I merged your post with the main thread. Please send your save to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 30 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruRitzy 

I have sent you a private message with a link to my save, I am having the same issue described here, but with many sims, who are either Actors, Interior Decorators, or Freelancer Artists -- all of their gig/audition panels display as blank. I have tried many things, including removing all my mods/CC, resetting user files, using debug menu to select gigs (and complete them) to try and force the panel to populate, and still no solution. 

I hope my save can help provide a fix in the future, since I would hate to lose all the ability to use those jobs since I enjoy them! Please keep us posted, and let me know if you dont see my message. Thanks!

Message 27 of 30 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Costa Did what you said Standard smile but the only problem is that I can't talk/meet with cilents on the computer so Frown
Message 28 of 30 (828 Views)

freelancer career bug

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion apart from growing together all game packs apart from werewolves & star wars all the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? be part of the freelancer programmer career, go to select gig, window is blank Frown
What happens when the bug occurs? no gigs to select
What do you expect to see? gigs to select
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

be part of the freelancer programmer career, go to select gig, window is blank Frown

Message 29 of 30 (715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I have this same issue, nothing in this thread helped.

Message 30 of 30 (112 Views)