Re: Houses Lock Up After Exiting Build Mode

by dolldrms1

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods) after updating the game?

If so, we'd like to see your affected save files, if you're willing to share them.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You can send them to me through private message if you prefer.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 42 (330 Views)

★ Pro

Until the implementation of neighborhood stories, I hadn't used the enablefreebuild cheat on residential lots. I have started using it now to add toddler, pet items in households I have a controlled sim visit. I recalled there had been an issue with the cheat working and came to check the status of the report because I noticed that while in the home, I can't turn the cheat off. My notes to myself had said to use true or false but after adding whatever I need to on a lot when I use false, it simply informs me again that the cheat is enabled. The small list of cheats I keep near my screen was made years ago so something may have been changed long ago and far away that I'm just not aware of.

The cheat turns itself off after leaving the lot, so that is not an issue for me. I just wasn't sure that was what was supposed to be happening and finding this thread again, I saw SimQARobo's last post. I'm simply providing input for what I am seeing in a fully patched mod/cc free game. The cheat is easily enabled, used and doesn't lock me out of the household after returning to live mode.

Message 42 of 42 (220 Views)