by Emzox

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Foxes don’t move from spawn point

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but spooky stuff and journey to batuu (Star Wars one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just load a lot and play for a little while. Doesn’t seem to be happening to everyone but some peoples chickens or rabbits are doing it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The foxes all just spawn on my lot and then stay there, they don’t run around or try to steal my chickens eggs etc. More will just keep spawning there (most I’ve had there is 7 all at once in one spot and some on top of eachother)
What do you expect to see? The foxes should be freely moving around my lot, attempting to steal eggs etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The cottage living patch / pack

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArotYYynhhEtjy_cK_1EAMkuXd1_?e=b8I0Tv

link for photos of issue

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,409 Views)

Re: Foxes don’t move from spawn point

Hero
@Emzox There is a report for rabbits getting stuck but that sounds a bit different from this report. To be sure, you tested this without mods/cc installed and have the same thing happening ?

Make sure to also repair your game and delete the locathumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,387 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Same issue. Foxes and rabbits will not go onto my lot. l They just stand on the outside , gather, and die. ha
Message 3 of 11 (2,358 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there! I also have this issue. I thought I'd pop in and share a quick video. I haven't tried other lots, but I have tried without mods, still have my CAS cc in, though. Also have reshade installed although I don't think that matters. Here's the video!

Message 4 of 11 (2,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey!! Thanks so much for responding, yeah I tried without all mods/cc etc and I always delete my localthumbcache file before opening my game but I haven’t tried repairing the game. I’ll get on and try that and let you know. Thank you! 

Message 5 of 11 (2,348 Views)

Hero
@pettimadame Could you upload the video to youtube or google/one drive ? It's just too small when uploaded here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,337 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey again Crin, so I’ve repaired my game etc, tried again with no mods and cc and they are still spawning but not moving form that point outside my lot. I’ve also just clocked one of the bunnies that has ‘help with garden’ enabled has stopped helping and is in fact also stuck to a certain spot on my lot. 

Message 7 of 11 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't actually use one drive or youtube but I uploaded another video to mediafire. This time I did a game repair & deleted all cache files. Still not using any mods.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pb970h5c49hwerq/The+Sims™+4+2021-07-26+16-54-12.mp4/file 

Message 8 of 11 (2,302 Views)

★ Novice
@Emzox Same! I've moved my sim two times!
Message 9 of 11 (2,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again! I just thought I would add that I found a solution to this issue, at least for myself! I deleted my options.ini file (and also the resource.cfg from my mods folder again) but deleting the options.ini seemed to work! I redid all my settings, and now foxes are running around my lot. May be worth trying! Standard smile 

Message 10 of 11 (2,154 Views)