Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fish Notifications For Inactive Households/ Sims without skill

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have at least two households played in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a notification that a sim for a household I am not currently playing (but have previously) has learned about a new type of fish. They learn about the new type of fish from islander NPCs.
What do you expect to see? To only get a notification if a sim in the household that I am actively playing learns about a new type of fish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It began to occur after installing Island Living.

Attached are screenshots of notifications of sims from outside my actively played household about those sims learning about new types of fish from islander NPCs. I did previously play both of those households, but was not playing them when the notifications occurred.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (3,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fish Notifications For Inactive Households/ Sims without skill

Hero

Sims that do not have the Fishing Skill, or have not been Fishing at all, will not get notifications about identifying Fish. THEY WERE FISHING WITH THEIR MINDS.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (2,946 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Fish Notifications For Inactive Households

★★ Guide

This is also happening to me but I don’t own island living yet. It’s weird to have constant messages pop up saying that a Sim which I’m not playing and isn’t my current active household is discovering about new fish.

Message 2 of 20 (3,152 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fish Notifications For Inactive Households

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,110 Views)

★★★ Guide

This also started happening for me as soon as the fishing patch was out. It's really annoying.

Message 4 of 20 (3,096 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!! Standard smile

We are currently looking into this report but we have been running into issues when trying to reproduce it. If anybody would be willing to share their save file with us, that would be super awesome!!! Party hat

'But how do I send my save file to the Sims team', you may ask now? No problem, we got you covered! :eahigh_file: Simply click on this link and follow the instructions. Standard smile

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 20 (2,992 Views)

Spontaneously Discovering Fish

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs City Living Get Famous Get to Work Get Together Seasons Dine Out Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Strangerville Vampires Backyard Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Spooky Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I wish I had a good answer for you, but it just happens out of the blue. My sim won't be doing anything in particular when this occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? For absolutely no reason, a notification will pop up, informing me that my sim has just identified a type of fish. This happens every couple of days (in the real world). And I haven't found a pattern. I have no idea what triggers this, but it happens all the time. They'll just be, say, hanging out in their house, talking to a friend, and suddenly it says they discovered a Goldfish. It's been doing this for the past couple updates. Not sure exactly when it started, but it was NOT the most recent update. A few months? In the image I attached, I had to click on Notification Wall so you could see it because otherwise, the notification disappears after a few seconds, like normal.
What do you expect to see? Sims should only discover fish when fishing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For absolutely no reason, a notification will pop up, informing me that my sim has just identified a type of fish. This happens every couple of days (in the real world). And I haven't found a pattern. I have no idea what triggers this, but it happens all the time. They'll just be, say, hanging out in their house, talking to a friend, and suddenly it says they discovered a Goldfish. It's been doing this for the past couple updates. Not sure exactly when it started, but it was NOT the most recent update. A few months?
In the image I attached, I had to click on Notification Wall so you could see it because otherwise, the notification disappears after a few seconds, like normal.

Message 6 of 20 (2,920 Views)

Re: Spontaneously Discovering Fish

★ Novice

I was confused by this too, but I think it happens when the Sims talk about "finding the best fishing holes".  Look for the that interaction and choose it and see if the fish notification shows up.

Message 7 of 20 (2,905 Views)

This has been happening since the patch preceding IL. That patch contained the fishing overhaul, which contained various new socials for fishing. Now anytime you and a friend chat about the local fishing holes, you can discover a new fish - which is most of the time, unless you've discovered them all in your notebook since that patch.

Message 8 of 20 (2,903 Views)

Hero
@michaelottinger This is by design if the Sims talk about anything fishing.

It shouldn't happen for inactive households, there's a report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Fish-Notifications-For-Inactive-Households/m-p/8...

Does your Sim have any fishing skill ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (2,882 Views)

Hero
@michaelottinger Could this be what happened in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (2,839 Views)