Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fire anounced but there is no Fire on Lot

by Jimbolame

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if anyone is still having this issue or not. I have mods and I think it was caused by my Pause on Travel mod that I use. I couldn't see the fire but I did see smoke so I triggered heavy rain and it got rid of the invisible fire. FYI in case people are having this issue and don't want to go back to an earlier save. This is what fixed my issue.

Message 11 of 13 (441 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Do you by chance have Bombardier beetles? I'm not 100% positive, but I THINK that's what caused the fire on my lot. 

Message 12 of 13 (224 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had this at least twice before on different saves and different lots. Nothing really triggers it.

I see the warning in the corner of the screen that a fire has started, I hear that the fire has started, but because i can't see the fire, I can't get rid of it. No sprinklers activated, I needed to quit the game without saving every time.

As I've had this a couple times over the years, that's just my go-to how I deal with it. it's not a fix and especially annoying if you've been playing for more than a few minutes and haven't saved between, but most times there's no fire the next time.

Message 13 of 13 (86 Views)