Invisible Fire

by AllamahDaLlamah

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire/Fire on inaccessible floor)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Sp04
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, Seasons, Cats and dogs, Laundry stuff, City living, Get together, fitness stuff, Get to work, vampires, dine out, spa day, backyard stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, Spa day, perfect patio, the free Christmas pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If it starts burn but you can't see any flames to extinguish and the fire alarm rings while your Sims panicks.
What happens when the bug occurs? I came back to my game after I had been in CAS, and it said there was fire. I had a fireplace, so I went and took out the fire in the fireplace. But it still said there was fire in the house, and my Sims panicked and ran out, but I still couldn't see any flames, only that it was black on the floor. So I'm stuck because I can't do anything because it says there is fire in the house but I can't extinguish it because there are no flames. I've tried with the cheat that puts out fire, but the alarm keeps ringing.
What do you expect to see? So it should start a fire with flames, because the fire alarm rings. But my Sims Sims panicked even if there is no flames there. It should start a fire and it should keep spreading.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried with the cheat that extinguishs the flames but the only sign of a fire I can see is black on the floor. There should probably be a fire in the fireplace that started to spread out of control but there is no flames to extinguish but everything in the game acts like there is fire on the lot. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, adjusted title

Message 1 of 32 (14,161 Views)

Re: It says my house is on fire but I can't see any flames.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@soda423 There was an issue with invisible flames before

Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings ?

Could you please also check on your exact game version number: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (14,123 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

Hero
@soda423 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 32 (14,085 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

Community Manager (retired)

We're having trouble reproducing this one, could you possibly share a save file and/or video? Thanks much for the help! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 32 (14,080 Views)
Highlighted

Invisible Fire

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020 (Unsure)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs as of Apr. 15 2020 bar Get to Work, + Dine Out, Parenthood & Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fire start from a fire place, get the fire notification, sims panicking and fire alarm going off, the fire is invisible and cannot be extinguished.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims get back to their home lot from a restaurant, and I immediately get the fire notification. Furniture and floor starts getting burnt as it would in a regular fire, but I can't see the fire or click on it. I can click on the furniture and I get the extinguish option, but when I click it my sim does the 'Can't reach' animation.
What do you expect to see? The fire should be visable and my sim should be able to extinguish it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've seen this happen in a video and I've had the problem before as well, but both times the sim has been able to click on the floor and extinguish the invisible fire. I am not able to remove custom content to see if that fixes the problem as I would have to close the game without saving because of the fire on the lot. I have had problems with sims not being able to reach things in the apartment before, but not in this room. I moved any objects I could without going into build mode, but nothing changed.  I understand that I will have to close the game without saving if I can't fix the problem.

Message 5 of 32 (14,051 Views)

Re: Invisible Fire

Hero
@AllamahDaLlamah Merged this with existing bug report.

QA is looking for saves but I since you can't save this is only useful if it happens reproducibly on reloading your save.

There's probably no other solution then reloading.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (14,009 Views)

Re: Invisible Fire

★★★★ Novice

OK, thank you.

Message 7 of 32 (14,006 Views)

Items disappear during fire

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a fire due to the volcano trait for my lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The fire was invisible but the alarm was going off for it. The firemen came and extinguished it and also random items in my kitchen disappeared when they walked next to them
What do you expect to see? Usually if items are burned they turn black with the option to replace. Not sure why they just disappeared
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 8 of 32 (13,842 Views)

Re: Items disappear during fire

Hero
@xxshadowx554 Merging this with the invisible fire thread.

Did you check if any of the firemen have a klepto thread ? Maybe Sharing is Caring is active in your hood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (13,806 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so this seems to be a problem for a while now. I'm having the same issue. My sim was in bed asleep and I get the notification that a fire has started, I can hear it but it's not visible, cannot save game "during a fire" and the phone shows only browse Plopsy and Call Fire Department, so she called the fire department She's not panicking, the dog is chillin' out on his dog bed which is in the living room, where the fire is supposed to be. Now I've got 2 firefighters standing outside her home, the annoying sound of a fire burning and no way to leave the game without losing an hour of game play. I've clicked on items to see if the option to extinguish appears but get nothing and the firefighters seem to be as confused as me seeing as they are just standing around. I've included a picture, excuse the bad quality, I'm an Xbox player so I had to take a picture of my TV screen with my phone. 

Edit: So it took about 20 mins, but the fire has either burned itself out or just faded. I can no longer hear the sounds of flames eating away at things, I have access to build mode, save etc. I didn't lose anything, furniture, sim etc. It's a mystery really LOL. I'm just glad it's sorted itself out the sound was so annoying and really loud.  

Message 10 of 32 (13,221 Views)