[NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire/Fire on inaccessible floor)

by soda423

Original Post

Nonexistent Fire

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.... try putting a fireplace on the lot. It seems to have something to do with fireplaces.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification appears saying that there is a fire on the lot. Yet no fire exists. As a result I cannot save my game and lose progress.
What do you expect to see? A fire! If the game says there's a fire I expect there to be a fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sometimes (I can't figure out the exact trigger but I think it has something to do with fireplaces) I will get a notification that a fire has started on the lot. Yet, there is no fire. As a result I cannot put out the fire (it doesn't exist). I cannot save during a "fire" so I have to just close and lose progress. 

Message 11 of 32 (2,938 Views)

Re: Nonexistent Fire

Hero
@haruka13666 Do the Sims react as if there was a fire ? Do you get this on a game without mods installed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (2,910 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No the sims do not react and yes this happened without mods.

Message 13 of 32 (2,897 Views)

Hero
@haruka13666 Does it go away if you wait ? Does calling the fire department help in any way ?

Your report is a bit different from the OP of this thread I merged your post into but similar to the last post.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as asked on page 1 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (2,891 Views)

House on invisibile fire

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing. It happens every sim day
What happens when the bug occurs? The house gets on the fire but I cannot see the fire so when calling the firefighters they appear but cannot do anything because the noise of the fire is there but it is not visibile. So I have to exit from the game without saving to extinguish it. It happens every sim day.
What do you expect to see? The house should not get on the fire every day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after the April 28 2021 patch

The house gets on the fire but I cannot see the fire so when calling the firefighters they appear but cannot do anything because the noise of the fire is there but it is not visibile. So I have to exit from the game without saving to extinguish it. It happens every sim day.

Message 15 of 32 (2,863 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

★★★★ Apprentice

So there was supposed to be a fire, but I couldn’t see it. Even the firefighter came and they were just sitting there. 

Message 16 of 32 (2,790 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

Please find here the link to save file. I hope this will help you find the bug and solve it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tj6PGTMS0YhfBG7rSOERbWPn07eRUu47/view?usp=sharing

Message 17 of 32 (2,737 Views)

Message 18 of 32 (2,683 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue and it keeps occuring every few days, to the point i have to save every new sim day because an invisible fire is breaking out every few days.

i hear the sound of a raging fire but no one reacts, there is no fire, no damage occurs, and firemen when called just stand there not reacting because there is NO real fire.

So frustrating....

No mods, repaired game.

Message 19 of 32 (2,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue, no reaction from sims and the fire department were just hanging out outside. After a couple of incidents I realized I have a inaccessible basement where I store career rewards. It all went up in flames... I blame the dust bunnies!

Message 20 of 32 (2,597 Views)