Re: It says my house is on fire but I can't see any flames.

by DellaLuna48

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

★★★ Apprentice

I turned off the effects of the Bust The Dust kit and no more invisible fake fires anymore. Gone a whole sim week without one incident. Finally!!!

Message 21 of 32 (2,286 Views)

Re: Nonexistent Fire

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I had the same issue with nonexistent fire and found out where it is.

In my case, and, I guess, others had the same thing - I created a basement floor, then built a house, deleted stairs to that basement floor, then forgot to delete that level, and after some time the fire occurred there.

This explains why the fire is not visible and why firefighters can't get to it and why people hear fire but don't see it.

So it all happened because I had an inaccessible basement

Solution reload game from a previous save, then delete the basement floor or build stairs to be able to access it. That's the only workaround I found for the moment of writing this post. 

Follow-up edit 1: the fire dissappears after some time and Sims get insurance compensation for destroyed furniture. 

Follow-up edit 2: I have a swimming pool in my house and because of it, basement floor seems to appear because the swimming pool goes underground 

Message 22 of 32 (2,242 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire ?)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same. 

Has it worked for anyone?  I didn't know about this problem until I wanted to make an off grid lot and run the stove using bio fuel.  That combination seems to make sense in reality, but maybe it's just not possible in the game? 

Message 23 of 32 (2,191 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just had this issue. Eventually found the fire in the attic space. Had to teleport the sim up there and extinguish. 

Message 24 of 32 (2,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YOU ANSWERED THE QUESTION! Im so glad I just kept reading all the replies, I ended up checking if my Sims had an attic because I didn’t build the house, they do, and there’s no stairs etc to get up there. 
I noticed it was covered in dust which is probably why the fire started, so I just removed the floor, and hopefully that’ll fix the issue! 

Message 25 of 32 (2,113 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks everyone for explaining it's happening on an inaccessible floor.

I had this exact thing happen this morning in the original build at 14 Nettle Lane in Henford-on-Bagley. I got the alert, could hear the fire, and Build/Buy turned off. But I couldn't find it, no one reacted, the fire alarm didn't go off, and the firefighters just stood there. I quit without saving.

After I read this thread, I found the problem. It was caused by a Bust the Dust Filth Fiend in the roof. There's a 1x4 tile floor up there under the decorative objects, and it was filthy, lol.

I deleted the tiles and I'm just hoping they weren't necessary to keep cold/heat out. I mean, the snow's not in the rooms, so I assume it's ok?

Anyways, thanks everyone. Just wanted to add my experience and recommend if you have Bust the Dust, check builds for inaccessible floor tiles.

Message 26 of 32 (2,052 Views)

Says there's a fire....there is no fire?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every so often my Sims will be off doing whatever it is Sims do. Watching TV, reading a book, playing in the pool...suddenly I'll get a notification that there's a fire, but...I see no fire? Nobody was cooking, there was no fireplace turned on. Nothing that could start a fire. I have my sims walk through every room just in case I'm blind to it, but they never find the fire.

I can't enter build/buy mode when it does this, and the firefighters are called and they fine me because there was no fire to begin with???

I...?!?? I'm confused.

I don't know if anybody else had this weird thing happen? I have only one mod installed and it's never done this with it installed before.

EDIT: OK...sooooooo
I found the cause. Apparently I had a basement I don't remember building. It keeps catching fire even though there is nothing down there...

My next problem is that I finally go into build/buy mode to demolish the basement...and it says there's nothing to delete. 

I am just as confused as before but now for a different reason...

Message 27 of 32 (1,572 Views)

Re: Says there's a fire....there is no fire?

Hero
@AliKatt0 I merged your post with the bug report.

There's some suggestions in this thread. Please also send your save to EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (1,525 Views)

Fires spreading on to roofs and on top of ceilings

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living. GPs: Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Dream Home Decorator. SPs: Perfect Patio, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, Tiny Living. Kits: Industrial Loft, Desert Luxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the kids science experiment table in the corner of an upstairs room that has a roof outside on the other side of the wall. When the table sets on fire, the fire spreads through the wall and into the roof/on top of the ceiling of the rooms below.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the kids science experiment table sets on fire in the corner of an upstairs room with a roof on the other side of the wall, the fire spreads through the wall and onto the roof/ceiling of the rooms below. The fire continues to spread round the whole roof/ceiling. Firefighters obviously can’t reach this area so the fire cannot be stopped.
What do you expect to see? Fire should not be able to spread to roofed areas or on top of ceilings. This especially shouldn’t happen when these ceilings are not part of an upstairs room (i.e. if I were to make a “room” under the roofs/on the ceilings to be able to use trims).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Images showing fire inside roof/on top of ceiling. 

Message 29 of 32 (1,351 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Fire alarm but no fire (invisible fire/Fire on inaccessible fl

★ Novice

Commenting in case this happens to anyone again. I’ve just worked out a way to stop the random fires that spawn. Make sure your cheats are on “testing cheats true” hold shift and click the fire and select to debug, this will delete that square of fire. You will need to repeat for each square. Once they are all gone you will have your game back to normal.

Message 30 of 32 (1,227 Views)