by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Fertile Trait not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs. City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor retreat, Spa Day, and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with sims who have the fertile trait from satisfaction points - I am not getting twins or triples.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both my sims - the husband and the wife have the fertile trait. I understand it only increases the odds, but in the pass I've always had twins or triples on the 2nd or third try. However - I keep having kid after kid and testing with other families and it is NOT working. What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to give births to triplets or twins in the same ratio to one baby births.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to give births to triplets or twins in the same ratio to one baby births. And yes I did the repair the game and it is updated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am trying to complete the generations thing - so I keep playing kids born into families. Yes I did a cheat code to get satisfaction points and gave both sims the mom and the dad in three families now the fertile trait. 

IT NEVER WORKS 

Kid after kid is born single - no twins - no triples.

In the past when I played and my sims had the fertile trait every other kid turned out a triple or a twin! 

I WANT THIS BACK. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 29 (7,618 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertile Trait not working

★★★ Novice
@Lidi999 Did you ever get this solved? If so, please let me know how!
Message 2 of 29 (7,406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Doesn’t work for me either just had 3 kids in a row all single kids and The sim is fertile 

Message 3 of 29 (7,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

I honestly stopped playing half out of frustration and half out of being super busy with school. I just booted the game back up after letting it update and it still isn't working. Three single kids in a row with both parents being fertile. Like how has this gone on so long without a solution!!!

Message 4 of 29 (7,302 Views)

Sims 4 No Twins Glitch

★★★ Newbie

So currently, I'm working on the 100 baby challenge.  My matriarch has the fertile trait, and the on ley line lot trait, and yet she has had 10 sets of single girls in a row.  I haven't been cheating for genders, just going with the flow.  I'm pretty sure this is a glitch, but I wanted to know if anyone has been experiencing this, or knows how to fix it.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 29 (5,718 Views)

Re: Sims 4 No Twins Glitch

Hero

@HarvardGirl21 

I don't think this is a glitch.  Whether you get multiple births is just random.  I have been playing this game since it came out in 2014 and just got my first set of triplets a month ago.  I do get twins every now and then but have never had very many.  Most of my twin births have also been boy and girl although I have had both twin boys and twin girls.  I have had identical twins only once or twice.  So the only advice I can give you is to keep trying.  Sooner or later it will happen.  

Message 6 of 29 (5,678 Views)

Re: Sims 4 No Twins Glitch

★★★★ Expert
@HarvardGirl21 It's likely not a glitch. Twins are severely rare... At least 1 in 50. I've only had them happen naturally twice since the game was released.
Message 7 of 29 (5,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sim has been pregnant 16 times since getting the fertile trait (doing the 100 baby challenge) and has had twins ONCE. This is crazy frustrating. I got the satisfaction points, I traded them for the fertile trait, and I expect the trait to do what it says. From what I know, a sim with no special traits or anything has a 10% chance of having twins, compared to my sim who, according to my current data, has a 6.25% chance of twins WITH the fertile trait. Idk about the same ratio of twins to single babies or anything, but at the very least the fertile trait needs to actually INCREASE your chances of having twins. This needs to be fixed in the base game bc I shouldn’t have to buy Spa Treatment or City Living just to get a trait I already paid for.

Message 8 of 29 (7,163 Views)

★ Guide

Fertile trait + Fertile massage... twice in a row with two different sims, only one baby.

That's very wrong.

Message 9 of 29 (7,100 Views)

★ Guide

I find it is the same with the fertile herbal remedy, I have stacked them all on top of each other as well. The massage, the trait and the remedy still only really get multiples in a house with the lot trait. 

Message 10 of 29 (7,082 Views)