by elitree8

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] False notifications pop up randomly during game

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 16 (551 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] False notifications pop up randomly during game

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could you possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 16 (528 Views)

Sim continues to passively research fish

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -Everything that comes with Digital Deluxe -City Living -Cats & Dogs -Seasons -Vampires -That free Christmas stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not quite sure. I created a Sim with the story module. It is female, prefers male clothes, has the rich property owner aspiration (or however it was called). It is a politician with the goal ‘simoleons for everyone’. It is a perfectionist and good. I can’t recall all of the traits, however, none of them were nature-related. It lives in a city apartment and never moved somewhere else. It has two roommates, both without nature-oriented traits, aspirations or jobs.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification pops up, claiming she researched [some kind of fish]. Details can be found on her phone, so appearently she did do so indeed, despite the most aquatic surroundings she had been in during her one-hour old life being the bathroom.
What do you expect to see? I expect her to suppress her Aquaman-genes and not passively gain knowledge about fish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I applied the Patch from the 16 July 2019, then started a new game.

I’ll add s6stem info as soon as possible.

Message 13 of 16 (531 Views)

Re: Sim continues to passively research fish

Hero
@elitree8 Did you talk about fish with someone ? What level is your fishing skill ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

As far as I noticed the Sim did not talk to anyone about fish. The savegame is only about one and a half hours old and in this time I mostly decorated the apartment in which she is living now. There were a lot of neighbours entering, but they mostly used the Computers in the apartment or ate food, which led me to ask them to leave. None of my household's Sims did at any point acquire the fishing skill.

Message 15 of 16 (515 Views)

Hero
@elitree8 I'm merging your post with existing thread.

You would need to actively choose the interaction to talk about fishing with another Sim. Then you get those messages now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (512 Views)