by Ajr3485

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] False notifications pop up randomly during game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get To Work, Get Together, Vampires, Parenthood, and StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Launch Sims 4 2. Play a game 3. Keep a lookout for notifications 4. Make sure notifications correspond to gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I am playing a game I get random notifications about school/work information regarding my sims family that doesn’t make sense (such as a recess notification or bully situation when my family members are at home), and I’m also getting notifications about skill improvements that my sims have not yet acquired.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a notification pop up that tells me what is actually going on during work/school time and notifies me when my sim is actually improving on an acquired skill, no false notifications.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just started to notice these false notifications pop up randomly in my game. I don’t have any photos, sorry, I am not playing atm and I didn’t think to take any while the issue was happening. 

Message 1 of 16 (1,912 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] False notifications pop up randomly during game

Hero
@Ajr3485 Are there any consequences from those messages ? Like getting bad moodlets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Honestly, none that I have noticed that relate. I’m still getting acclimated to the sims 4 moodlets. They seem to crop up independently due to certain conditions at their house, job, school, etc.  I don’t really know how everything relates yet. I started playing ts4 2 1/2 months ago, so...🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 3 of 16 (1,847 Views)

Hero
@Ajr3485 Could you post a picture of the message and the situation next time you see one

You'll need to use printscreen as the screenshot with GUI is broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I will next time it comes up.

Message 5 of 16 (1,806 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict, I found another situation with this issue. My sim has a notification regarding a skill he hasn't acquired. I posted pictures here too.

Message 6 of 16 (1,773 Views)

Hero
@Ajr3485 Were you talking about Fishing spots to the other Sim ? They can learn about fish now if they do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually, he was talking to his brother about it, but this is odd because he doesn’t have this skill either. The father is the only one in this family that knows fishing. Also, I tried to open the notebook in that notification but I couldn’t.

Message 8 of 16 (1,760 Views)

Hero
@Ajr3485 That's a separate bug here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-quot-Open-Notebook-quot-notification-button-does-not-work...

I'm not really sure but I get those message for fishing too. I assumed it was by design cause the other Sim was telling me something about some fish. Even though I don't have any fishing skill, I can still know about where to find some fish or what they do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (1,758 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict thank you Standard smile

Message 10 of 16 (1,751 Views)