by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive singing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Active and NPC sims constantly go to a sink to grab a drink of water or practice singing
What do you expect to see? No autonomous grab a drink or practice singing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Realm of Magic

I turned off all of my mods and only one NPC was drinking water. However, a new possible bug has appeared with no mods turned on: my active sim, when at magical HQ, would not do anything I wanted it to, but kept going to the bookcases and taking and reading books. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (2,161 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive singing

Hero
@neuroticnelly Changing this to just the singing.

Water already has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Excessive-Water-Drinking-Patch-1-55-102-Edition/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,140 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive singing

Community Manager (retired)

We haven't seen the excessive singing, can anyone who's seen this possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 12 (2,077 Views)

Excessive singing still an issue.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I know this issue has been brought up in the past, however I have seen no updates on it. I have a household of 6 that had singing level 10. And thats pretty much all they do. Go on vacation, they will serenade each other constantly. Go anywhere in any world, and there they are singing. Sit in the hot springs, singing. I ended up cheating their singing level down to 1 and disliking singing on them all. Did that help? Absolutely not. Now they burst out in practice singing instead of serenades. What is the point of having a dislike activity, if it has no bearing on what your sims will do autonomously? I would like to have a group of musicians with max singing level, that don't constantly sing out of nowhere for no reason. Please give us the option of turning off, or limiting autonomous actions like serenades, practice singing, and maybe while your at it, the ability to to disable the cowpoke dance, so I can reinstall and use the now unplayable horse ranch expansion that I purchased.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? Not sure where to find it on console
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See post
What happens when the bug occurs? See post
What do you expect to see? See post
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No mods
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 4 of 12 (1,394 Views)

Re: Excessive singing still an issue.

EA Sims Team

Hello @Morbid_OG ,

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save /video file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12 (1,324 Views)

Re: Excessive singing still an issue.

★ Apprentice

I'm on console so I have no mods, and not sure which game version but it should be the most current.  I found a work around that if you reset their singing level to 1, then play them for a couple days with full autonomous off, they lose the singing skill. And so far they haven't been breaking out into song everywhere. At this point I don't want to raise their singing skill because at least now they will do other things. I think to duplicate the issue, have 4-6 sims in relationships all together, max singing to 10, then take them on vacation or travel to Mt. Komorebi and go to the hot springs, or go skiing, or go fishing in Bramblewoods. I'm not sure if it matters where you go really, because even in my house they were serenading each other all the time. Honestly the serenading I like, but not when it's constant. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,318 Views)

Sims Constantly "Sing in Shower"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

While I was playing my Vampire Family (VF). I notice that all my shower and tub were constantly breaking even with upgrade that have a less chance of breaking. So I after a constant of repairing my showers and tubs. I started investigating my sims and notice that one of my sims kept repeating "Sing in Shower" even though she was 100% clean. I thought maybe this is just a in game bug, even refreshing didn't help me out as well. Now I'm not saying that it happen to all sims in the same household, but there will be 1 or 2 sims in my household performing/repeating "Sing in Shower." while 100% clean. Of course I could have avoid this problem, by not having them learn how to sing to level 2 in order to perform "Sing in Shower," but the damage is already done and I'm in need of it being fix because I hate wasting my time to repair, replace, lose money, or do command. And just Incase this problem was only affecting my VF. I went and test this bug "Sing in Shower" on regular sims in my testing chamber plot. Once they become skillful enough to perform "Sing in shower." This bug happen again. I even used different type of shower/tub. So I know it not the shower/tub fault. I do not owned all sims 4 packs, but 1/6 or 1/7. My VF has a household of 5 and my testing chamber plot has 8. I'm not sure if number matter, but I did have them perform "Sing in Shower" at least once. I'm not sure if they will even perform "Sing in Shower" alone, if the player doesn't command to do so one time. Also it is AI Control/Command afterward. Can be stop if player control Sim to do other stuff, etc. I'm not sure if Sims will repeat taking a showering with other non-normal shower commands like showering in confidence, etc. I'm also up to date in update. And maybe it just my sims wishing to clean off that 0.001% of dirt in their hair, but it annoy for them to constantly break all my showers and tubs. When I'm trying to focus on 1 or 2 sim at a time. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,223 Views)

Re: Sims Constantly "Sing in Shower"

★★ Guide

@CallMeMrPlebI've ended up locking my vampires out of bathrooms because of this as, even with the odorless perk, they WILL NOT stop singing in the shower! Or showering in general; it's right back in as soon as they finish the previous shower Teeth bared

Message 8 of 12 (1,182 Views)

For the shower there is a new bug report here that already has 13 me-toos in the 10 hours since it was opened! probably created in the last patch

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Constantly-Trying-to-Shower/m-p/13280835/

For singing, just to narrow it down, does anyone with this bug have...

The Performing Arts NAP active?
Any holidays going on? Sims will autonomously sing during holidays

Are the singing sims roommates? (via the roommate system, not household members) Serenading is one of the possible roommate quirks.

Message 9 of 12 (1,130 Views)

★ Apprentice
@mightyspritesims I have the Performing Arts NAP active in one household. However, it happens in other households without it. And would that effect them when they are not in their household lot?
Message 10 of 12 (1,032 Views)