[FIXED] Excessive phone calls asking to have babies

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls from family member asking to have babies

★ Guide

Yep, some sims call almost everyday and ask to have babies. I don't even answer to those sims anymore when I see who is calling. If I say no once or twice they should stop calling at least for a week or so... preferably longer Disappointed The spamming is super annoying.

Message 31 of 56 (786 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls from family member asking to have babies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@elfinpcc Seems like the only way to avoid this is to not answer the phone at all, which is ridiculous that we have to resort to that. I have two families now that had a baby when I wasn't playing them because I answered the phone while playing a different family in my rotational save and I chose the definitive no answer and they had babies to spite me. There needs to be a way to make it so played families don't make that phone call.
Message 32 of 56 (768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The best yet is when a child visiting a lot gets a phonecall from a member of THE SAME HOUSEHOLD to ask if they should have a baby. "i'll be home soon da, speak then"

Message 33 of 56 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My Sims dead mother has called to ask if she should try for a baby....

Message 34 of 56 (730 Views)

Excessive "Should we Try for a Baby" calls from good friends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Journey to Batuu, Tiny Living, Courtyard Oasis kit, Blooming Rooms kit, Bust the Dust kit, Country Kitchen kit, and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into any household and wait for a friend to call you about Trying for a Baby
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim get 4-5 calls a day from the same 2 SIms asking for advice on Trying for a Baby
What do you expect to see? That my Sim does not get an excessive amount of calls asking that question by the same 2 Sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is actually the 2nd HH where I've seen this problem with the same 2 female Sims. The Sim in the HH I'm currently playing is a celebrity and 2 of his Good Friends who are also celebrities will call him 4-5 times a day asking if they should Try for a Baby with their husbands. One of my Sims in the last HH I played (she was also a celeb) was also Good Friends with these 2 Sims, and they did the same thing to her. I give the same answer every time (don't do it), so you'd think the game would stop those calls. All the other ask for advice type phone calls work perfectly fine. None of the other Sims in the HH have this problem.

Message 35 of 56 (729 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue: my teen sim's mom calls her all the time when she's at high school (and once at ThriftTea) asking if she and dad should have a baby. They live in the same household. Both are family oriented. This has happened at least 4 times, in 3 different play sessions. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 9.26.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-31 at 10.56.15 PM.png

Message 36 of 56 (708 Views)

Re: Excessive "Should we Try for a Baby" calls from good friends

Hero
@vadish3825 I've merged your thread and adjusted the title to make it more general

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 56 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a similar issue: I play the 100 baby challenge and therefore my sim has a lot of siblings and children in my save, but it's always the same three sisters that call her to try for a baby. I always say yes to grow the family tree, but sometimes they re-ask even while they're pregnant. I didn't know this was an actual game bug, as I've had it ever since story progression was implemented, i thought this was how the game was supposed to be... I also play with mods, but none of the mods I have should have influence on the phone calls (unless some modder overrode something they shouldn't but i doubt it)

Message 38 of 56 (668 Views)

EA Staff

Hello Everyone,

We'd like to collect more saves to help with the investigation of this issue.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 56 (616 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls asking to have babies

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim is friends with Bella Goth and Bella calls my sim DAILY asking if she should have a baby.

Message 40 of 56 (584 Views)