Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls asking to have babies

by Kathykins

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. My sims' mother called four times asking whether she and her husband should try for baby. I said yes each time and ..nothing. This also happened with another member of the same family.

Message 51 of 56 (612 Views)

Try for baby

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play generationally and move your young adult out, whether it's university or regular home. There will be a pop up from your mother, asking if they should try for baby. Also happens from Grandma.
What happens when the bug occurs? Popup occurs like normal but incessantly, like multiple times a day.
What do you expect to see? My mother or grandma shouldn't be asking me this!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been playing generationally and in rotation with these sims and the mother and/or grandmother will not stop asking me. Multiple times a day. Please help. What's bugged in my game?

None of my CC or mods have anything to do with this. 

Message 52 of 56 (559 Views)

★ Guide
@xjodielaura I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. My sims' moms call constantly.
Message 53 of 56 (534 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm still getting these excessive phone calls - especially the ones from my sim's mother asking if she should have a baby. Sometimes these calls are back-to-back; I've gotten them 5 times in a row at one point! I'd disable neighborhood stories but I still want my neighbors to be able to move in and out of town. Could there be an option to just disable some or all of these neighborhood stories related phone calls? At this point it's interrupting the flow of my gameplay.

Message 54 of 56 (462 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this a lot too. I thought it was trait related, since they made traits have more influence over our sims (I don't remember exactly what the patch notes said, or when this change was done). So far, all the sims calling about babies are Family Oriented for me: Bella Goth, Lilliana Kealoha, Clara Bjergsen, Octavia Bailey. They are all calling my current sim every day asking the same question. I tell them no every time, they keep calling. I've now stopped answering when I see these otherwise lovely ladies are calling. Its just way beyond annoying at this point.

Only solution I see right now, to get rid of this spesific call, is to remove the Family trait from these pre-mades. I never use the trait myself, families is not my main focus, although I do play families a lot. Some tuning or another has certainly hit the roof with this one.

I don't currently have a mod-less save to share. Just thought I'd chime in anyway

Message 55 of 56 (449 Views)

Hero

Family members will now call your Sim less often to ask their opinion about trying to have a baby (Instead, they’ll just hear the news from their chatty aunt)

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 56 (1,246 Views)