Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls from family member asking to have babies

by elfinpcc

Original Post

Re: Excessive phone calls from family member asking to have babies

★★★ Guide

I also see this in my game. I have several families of npcs that are married with and without children, and if you have some level of friendship with several of them, you will probably be asked over and over again if they should have children. I was quite annoyed with this because sometimes several notifications from different families appear. I tried to find a mod that would disable only that, but I didn't... I disabled neighborhood stories in my game settings, but I don't know if disabling it would also solve it...

Message 21 of 56 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@JMoon_gamer 

Sadly, it doesn’t turn off this annoying story progress phone calls. I don’t mind it if I get only 1-2 on week but now, I have 1-4 per day. (Most time we want a baby… after frequent asking if my love intreste should date another sim!) I don’t have NS active on my save and in my vanilla save .. yeah, can we have a option to turn off this calls completly?

Bienchen has a mod for you can find the actuell version under officiell sims 4 forum -> The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content -> Gameplay Mods -> Mods by bienchen83/sims4me at Deichschaf Sims – Alphatebtical List -> Site 4 post 17 from 83bienchen (She lost her host so for now you get updates there) It's called neighborhoodstories you can disable all or only the one which you want.

Message 22 of 56 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Guide
@daikoyu Thanks, I have several Bienchen mods and I didn't know there was a mod for neighborhood stories...I'll check the site. 😃
Message 23 of 56 (1,173 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive phone calls from family member asking to have babies

★ Guide

Same thing is happening in a brand new save game I started yesterday, my sim is in the military career and has become friends with Jess and Jess has called him multiple times sometimes quite a few times in the same day and each time I kept saying yes try for a baby but she never got pregnant and then next thing I know she was calling to tell me she adopted a child.

Message 24 of 56 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Elders are among those that are ringing up constantly asking if they should have a baby. To be honest, it's getting really annoying now. 

Message 25 of 56 (954 Views)

★ Apprentice

My teen sims mother is calling asking is she should try for baby with her husband, and I say yes, but she will call again and again, obviously not pregnant.

Message 26 of 56 (891 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't mind my non-played sims making the call, but when it is my played sims (I play a lot of rotational), it can seriously screw up the story in my head.  No matter what I pick, they seem to have a chance to get pregnant; at least give us a way to exit the phone call or something.  I feel like "You should decide for yourself" has the least chance, but I still had a family with three babies before I got back to them, a set of twins and a single birth.

Either make it so played sims can't call or give us a sure way of having them not have a baby.  These phone calls happened before neighborhood stories were even teased, but it seems like it happens more, and there is no way to turn them off.

Message 27 of 56 (854 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My last post wasn't very constructive, so I'm adding to it.  I can send you my newest save/rotation.  I have a family of 4 sisters, I made each one become a different occult and had them live together until they married out or had enough money to move to their respective occult town.  The oldest sister, Meg, is family oriented.  I switched to the second oldest, Jo, shortly after Meg's baby aged up to a toddler.  Meg called almost every day asking if she should have a baby.  I picked the middle answer, decide for yourself because I've had the most luck with this one not ending up with a pregnancy.  On the last call, she became pregnant.  I didn't know this until I switched over to the third sister, Beth, and invited all of her sisters over.  In comes Meg, very pregnant.  As soon as she has the baby, Meg calls Beth, again asking about having a baby.  I'm about ready to fully edit mode her and make her incapable of becoming pregnant; the sims equivalent of tube tied.

I'm pretty sure this can be duplicated as this is now the second save I have had it happen to.  The only mod I ever used was the spaceship one to fix the fairs breaking the spaceship building, which I was able to delete earlier this month.  To recreate:

Create 2 families, the only restriction is that the female sim in one must be family-oriented.  It is up to you whether you want to play her long enough to marry her off or if you want to start her off married.  I don't know if gender or the ability to impregnate of the spouse matter, but if it doesn't, it should.  I currently have neighborhood stories turned off since I also have aging for non-played sims off until I get back to Meg's household, so I don't think neighborhood stories matter; they are both played households anyway.  Have a sim in the second family befriend the female sim that is family-oriented in the first family.  Play the second family.  The female sim in the first family should start calling her friend in the second family asking about trying for a baby before a week is out.

Message 28 of 56 (844 Views)

★★ Guide
@elfinpcc If you don’t want them to have a baby, you should click “I wouldn’t do that if I were you” or whatever it is, they absolutely shouldn’t have a baby if you click that. If they still get pregnant; I would check any mods you have to see if they’re interfering. I always click that option and they’ve never had a baby... they just keep calling over and over to ask the same question 😂
Message 29 of 56 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@xjodielauraUnless they changed it and I didn't notice, mine negative one is "You, a parent..." which results in a hit to friendship and a chance the person gets pregnant to spite me.

I don't use mods.

However, my workaround worked. I turned on the cheat cas.fulleditmode. Then I went to my female sim in the household calling and made it so she couldn't become pregnant. Has not called since.

Edit:

You are correct.  They changed it, and I didn't notice.  I turned back and gave the family-oriented sims back the ability to get pregnant.  It took her a whole 24 hours to call, but I choose the "I don't think it's a good idea" one.  She agreed and thanked me for the reality check.  I like that one because mentally I can add it to my head of, "whoa, you have a toddler and you just had a baby, you don't need another right now."

Message 30 of 56 (793 Views)