by Ozlem80

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive 'baby diaper' thought bubble

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All including kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've just started generation 14 of a long legacy play so unsure if that's the reason this has just started and it's just bad timing it's happening when the update has also come out or because of the recent update. I'm guessing have a large family, a few, have them have babies, age them up etc etc and just play and count the times they think of nappies.
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't matter if sims are alone or in a group they rarely think of anything else but nappies. Even children think of nappies and they ALL (even children) sigh in fond memory when thinking of the nappies, it's weird.
What do you expect to see? Not so many nappy thoughts and almost zero nappy thoughts from kids and teens like before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

**I have mods but removed all mods, fresh save/game, and it didn't happen as often with my fresh single sim but he did still think about nappies even more than usual and I made sure he had the hates children/non-committal traits just to be extra protected from the nappy thoughts. However once I fast played - short life played that fresh save soon everyone was back thinking about nappies**

My sims, all of them, children and teens too have babies on the brain. I rarely see a thought bubble which isn't a nappy.

I'm unsure if this is because I'm so deep into my legacy play now and had a few surprise triplets in the family tree and it was just bad timing this happened the day of the update or because (since some of my sims have died because of being electrocuted) I have been a bit of a baby machine to replenish the bloodline or if it's to do with the recent update of traits.

Whatever the reason it's not giving me the variety of thought emotions like before the update. Since the update I'm noticing they've only got nappies on the brain (see pic). It's just weird seeing the kids and teens also think about it a lot because this thought bubble comes with a animation emotion of a deep fond sigh and seeing kids and teens think of nappies then deeply sigh in fond memory is just really weird.

I'm unsure if it's linked to a certain trait? Most of my sims I rolled the good trait on so unsure if it's just linked to that trait? (the other most common traits is cat/dog lover, loves outdoors, bro and proper)

Anyone else have sims who think about nappies more often now? 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,712 Views)

Re: Babies on the brain, sims rarely think of anything else but nappies.

★★★ Guide
@Ozlem80 I've been seeing this as well. The first few times I though...does this kid need a bathroom? Revisiting the diaper days? But it's random across most age categories and doesn't seem to reflect the current bladder value.
Message 2 of 13 (3,702 Views)

★ Pro

Thinking of diapers is just part of the Happy/Top Notch Toddler trait idle. How often does this happen in your game (per Sim)?

Message 3 of 13 (3,682 Views)

Re: Excessive 'baby diaper' thought bubble

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me with teens as well, even if they don’t have any traits or aspiration related to family or kids, or any toddlers on the lot. 

Message 4 of 13 (3,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@kusurusuI wished I caught the screenshot in time but didn't think of it when it happened. I had my triplet children and my twin teens all working on their extra credit school projects outside on the lawn at once, my walls were turned off so inside you could see the nanny and butler and a parent. All at once they all stopped and thought about diapers. It was a 'whoa' moment and that's when i thought about the screenie and missed my chance. That was the catalyst of me putting a ticket in for it to be looked at.

Out of every 10 bubbles 7 are diapers. Even when kids are playing with the cat with a wand or light, actions that always used to just make them think of icons relating to that action - cats, love, playing and cat wands - diapers appear as well. When working on a trait, say creative, the creative thought bubble pops up and soon is followed by a diaper.

It's too often, more often than before.

edit: now I'm more aware of it, I can see townies walk around and at night when you see the pillow or bed thoughts you also see diapers. Before they aged up my twins used to think about diapers as toddlers and at the time i thought this was because they wanted potty, they were unskilled and had no traits at the time to justify how often they thought about diapers (also their toiler needs were green.) I never thought much until the children then teens started and the adults. When they all did it at once I decided it was time to put a ticket in.

Message 5 of 13 (3,618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I have the same problem, my two Sims (who grew up in the same house, but aren't siblings) and who I later married off, do nothing but think about diapers throughout the day. They did it as kids, continued as teenagers, and even now that they are adults, all they have in their thoughts are diapers. As in the photo posted by the OP.
Message 6 of 13 (3,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I see this a lot, and have wondered if it's a reference to the Top Notch Toddler/Happy Toddler traits.

[ETA - LOL, @kusurusu already said that.]

Message 7 of 13 (3,438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ohhh I have seen this in my game too, ever since my sim was pregnant, both parents can't stop thinking about it, it's kinda weird lol

Message 8 of 13 (3,429 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, if it's related to the happy toddler/top notch toddler trait, they're remembering how happy they were when they were toddlers.

If you got all toddler skills to 3 (happy toddler) or 5 (top notch toddler), your sim will have this trait and will remember how happy they were.  This might annoy you, but they also get a 10% (happy toddler) or 25% (top notch toddler) skill bonus for life, so... it's pretty awesome, actually.

Message 9 of 13 (3,410 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive 'baby diaper' thought bubble

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (3,266 Views)