[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by crinrict

Original Post

sims addicted to getting water again

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all minus batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game as normal with autonomy on
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim will just try over and over and over again to get a class of water out of the sinks on the lot, sometimes juice from the fridge
What do you expect to see? the sim not drink 67 glasses of water daily like her life depends on it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. cottage living

sims in my game are back to drinking 50 cups of water a day like one of those self help instagram threads that tell u to drink water to cure depression. im sure theres already a thread for this but i couldnt find it so sorry in advance

Message 91 of 112 (3,112 Views)

Re: sims addicted to getting water again

Hero
@wobibobi Merged your post with the current main thread.

Please send your saves to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-58-63-Editi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 112 (3,057 Views)

Sim Constantly Drinking Water

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim and a sink
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim constantly stops what they're doing to get a drink of water from the faucet.
What do you expect to see? Sims should stay doing their current task and not quitting to go get a glass of water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had read that the bug where a Sim constantly stops what they're doing to get a glass of water had been fixed in 2019. It either wasn't for me or it's back because my Sim will constantly stop what she's doing to get a glass of water. Is there any fix for this?

Message 93 of 112 (2,931 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

★ Apprentice

I just wanted to say this is still absolutely an issue!!! As soon as my sim has any free time she will gravitate toward getting a glass of water (even when she has the Foodie trait and drinking a plain glass of water will upset her). It rarely interrupts a task she is doing, but if I do not have anything in the queue she is more than likely to go grab a glass of water. This situation also runs for other sims too. If a friend comes over then that sim also will leave multiple cups of water all over the house! One time, Clement Frost (Santa) drank 8 glasses of water in a row while my sim slept. 

Message 94 of 112 (2,785 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I still don't know why this still has not been fixed. I notice my sims are constantly going to the sink and grabbing water and drinking, then another issue is it's not just the water drinking. Every time my sim is inspired. My sim will go to the bar and make drinks, and leave it sitting there to get spoiled, then my sim has to constantly clean it up. I really wish they would get this fixed. This has been going on for months even a year. But even months ago it wasn't as bad, but now it's gotten way worse.

Message 95 of 112 (2,703 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have same issue. The water drinking is way too often any drink for that matter they just autonomously drink and drink.

Message 96 of 112 (2,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

After the latest patch (PC 1.90.375.1020), every time my Sims finish an activity (playing the piano, painting, watching TV, etc.) they get up to go get a glass of water. If I wasn't the one to stop them, and left autonomy free, I would have a house full of empty glasses. They are Spellcasters.

Message 97 of 112 (2,556 Views)

Re: Sim Constantly Drinking Water

★★★ Apprentice

I had to turn off autonomy, my sims kept going and getting a drink of water, even when her hunger was at 100%. Not only her, but when guests come over, they're getting drinks from the fridge for themselves constantly. It's highly annoying. I have the latest patch (as of 9-7-2022) and all expansion packs/game packs/ stuff packs/ and kits. I do use mods, but it happens when mods are disabled. I find it highly annoying because glasses keep piling up.

Message 98 of 112 (2,514 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I think it's even worse now, my Spellcaster drops the activity to go get a glass of water, I really need to micromanaging the queue.
Message 99 of 112 (2,241 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Man, I remember the patch when this was introduced. It was worse then, but... every Sim in all of my households would be:

Sim: [gets class of water]

Sim: *slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!* NUM!!!! *slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!!!* NUM!!!

Bladder bar: [deep in red]

Sim: [waddles over to the sink to get more water]

Sim: *slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!* NUM!!!! *slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!!!* NUM!!!

[very uncomfortable music plays]

Sim: [waddles over towards sink]

Me: Will. You.  STOP!!!!!

Now it's just "Oh hey, I don't seem to have anything queued up right now, why don't I get a glass of water even though I'm about to pee my pants?"

Message 100 of 112 (2,205 Views)