Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by starlove77

Original Post

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Guess that's this bug you mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Auto-solving-Hygiene-Need-causes-sims-to-get-a-dri...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 112 (1,339 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Yeah, that's right, thanks!
Message 62 of 112 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I should probably also mention that this issue causes some serious problems when playing with Foodie Sims. I have seriously gotten to a point where I actively avoid giving the trait to any of my Sims now, and it's partly because of this excessive drinking issue.

Message 63 of 112 (1,287 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sims are drinking water (and oj and milk) excessively. Glasses on all tables and counters, also end up in inventory. Sims will get a glass of water instead of leftovers when they are hungry. will often stop eating to get a glass.

this just started happening with the recent patch. I have no mods/cc

I am currently playing young adult sims in college in windenburg 

Message 64 of 112 (1,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

Uninvited guests just waltz into my house and grab glasses of water continuously. Happening in City Living and in Sulani. Player sims not effected, only guests and randoms coming onto the lot.

Message 65 of 112 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue Dex616 has in Sulani, and I want to add that those random people also don't have a 'send home' option when this happens.

/also my own sims keep drinking water and milk (and sometimes juice)

Message 66 of 112 (1,120 Views)

★ Guide

This is getting very frustrating. I’ve seen sims who are doing the pee dance grab a glass of water instead of using the toilet. My green fiend sim is trying to save water with a dew collector, but if I don’t fill her queue up with tasks, she’s off to the sink to grab a drink. If I stop her doing that she’ll head for the fridge for juice or milk, ignoring her husband who is desperate for some quality time and has interactions with her in his queue.  

Message 67 of 112 (1,095 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I notice something very annoying. I have a spellcaster and her hygiene was getting low, like she needs to take a shower or bath, but instead of doing that she will reach to get water or get something to drink in order to think it will fill her hygiene up, as she thinks she is a Mermaid, and she isn't. If she goes to drink water or any type of drink her bladder will get low and she will have to go and it's not really helping her needs. I notice my sims are constantly drinking or trying to think drinking will help get rid of the hygiene from her meter being low and it isn't, she isn't a Mermaid, but a spellcaster. It seems we had issues like this in the past, and we've had it get fixed off and on in previous patches, but this June patch has really messed up the codes in the game to cause older games, with the newer games to override the system. I've seen Mermaids drink water to help with the hygiene but when it comes to other occults like Spellcasters or even just normal sims seem to cause this problem. I feel this needs to be re looked into by the codes from the older games to what is causing this.  It seems something is overlapping to cause the older games to the newer games to seem to cause a glitch, this is just a thought I'm picking up. 

Message 68 of 112 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the issue with my sims excessively drinking water and dropping all other tasks in the que to do it as well. I started a brand new family with new sims due to another bug linked to the foodie NAP causing excessive white cake making and drinking and had not seen any issues until recently. What changed? The only two changes which would affect both sims are the self-sufficiency NAP was recently enacted and both adult sims (both spellcasters) recently developed the "refined palate" fame quirk. So far their children (no teens yet) seem unaffected. 

Message 69 of 112 (990 Views)

kids keep making glasses of water or juice

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you will see kids keep grabbing a glass of water or juice and would just drink half or all of it
What happens when the bug occurs? if my kid does nothing for while it will start grabbing a glass of water out of the fridge
What do you expect to see? kids stop trying get glasses of water all the time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my children keep making glasses of water or grabbing it out of the fridge.

Message 70 of 112 (1,020 Views)