Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@CGrant56I don't believe in Patreon. I don't see any reason I should pay for something I can either get or make myself for free. I'm using 663 myself and it works fine. I realize you can "pay" for new features before they are released to the public, but new features are often buggy and my desire for a stable mod outweighs my desire for new features.

Since editing the file means you have to know the interaction numbers and names, I used the autoscan thing for most of them. The final one (222271) wouldn't show up in the autoscan so I got on Deaderpool's discord and they gave me the interaction codes and I added that one manually to the cfg file.

I looked, but I can't find any option that "Turns on" MCTuner. I think it's just on by default. Just look in your MCCC folder for mc_tuner.cfg and make sure all of those 4 lines are in there somewhere. It should work. It works on all worlds and sims. None of my sims have autonomously gotten a drink of water since.

Message 51 of 112 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps  Ok then, we're using the same version.  The way you turn Tuner on and off is to click on a sim and the MCCC menu there.  But you probably know that since you use autoscan.  That's the only place you can activate the autoscan as far as I know.  But it can be on any sim and whatever you disable on that sim affects them all.  Since you manually added that line to your tuning.cfg file, then that's why you got the thirst thing to shut down and I haven't.

What I've found though, is that once you block one thing, then the sims become obsessive about something else almost immediately so then you block that, then the next thing and the next.  By the time I got done blocking all those.  I reached the point where I began to wonder if it was all worth it so I went back and started over.  So I only block a few things now and look for other work arounds to cope with rather than block.  For me, it seems to work better that way.  But that's just me.  To each his own.

Btw, I feel the same way about Patreon.

Message 52 of 112 (1,295 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CGrant56 I was looking in the main settings menu just now... from clicking on a computer. All of the configuration settings are there. If I remember right, you use the menu on a sim since you need a sim to trigger the automation menu. Turn it on, click on an object and you get a menu of automations regarding that object. Turn one off and it turns off for all. That's basically what I did. However the last water one wasn't showing up in the menu, that's why I had to add it manually.

I suppose when you aren't directing the sims to do something, the sims will still want to sandbox around the area. By turning off automations, you are limiting their sandboxing options and they'll focus on what's remaining.

Sorry if you don't know what "sandboxing" is, it's an old Skyrim/Fallout modding term. I means there are a number of objects that characters can interact with automatically around the area. When not directing the character, they randomly pick one and do it. MCTuner basically disables the sandbox option for that object and they'll have to pick something else. The more you disable, the more they appear to focus on what's remaining.

That never bothered me. I tend to micromanage my sims anyway so my sims rarely get the chance to sandbox around anyway. It's just when I leave them to their own devices for a few minutes, I don't want them getting water all the time. They never wash the glasses and leave them all over. It makes more for me to do once I take over control again.
Message 53 of 112 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps  I understand the meaning behind the term.  No apology, etc. necessary.  I have played both those games repeatedly (on PS4 though) and still go back for another round every now and then.  Same thing with Assassins Creed.  Love the big open world games just as much as this one.  And to be honest, I agree on the glasses. That's why I don't really like it.  If they would clean the darn things up, it wouldn't be any where near as bad. LOL  But I have found that If you don't cancel the action and let them finish before queueing anything else, most of the time they'll clean up their glasses too.  But it is a bit much no matter how you look at it.

Message 54 of 112 (1,265 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This bug seemed to be gone for a while, but now it's back. I can't leave the sims with nothing queued, they take something to drink almost every time! D:

I've seen it with normal sims and vampires.

Message 55 of 112 (1,160 Views)

★ Novice

Yes thats all my sim will do is go to bar and make drink. she doesnt seen to wanna drink it just make it over and over!! it is so annoying!!

Message 56 of 112 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've noticed that this also seems to be happening at university. Well, at least at Britechester, where I recently noticed this happening. If I put a cafeteria in the dorm, which I usually do, my Sims will constantly want to get water from it. It's so bad that very often, even if my Sim is on the other side of the campus, they'll randomly try to stop everything they're doing to go back to the dorm for water.

Message 57 of 112 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide

Well, the excessive drinking problem is baaaaack. The last few days I've played it's back and worse than ever, the sims are drinking glass after glass of juice or water, chain drinking, it's just weird now. lol

Here's my current build: 1.62.67.1020. Running a PC, using a few mods but have a brand new save game folder, I removed the old one. Packs I do not have are Moschino and Tiny Living.  I'm also using the Deluxe base game now and I can't remember if this bug took off before or after I dl'd the deluxe version but the time frame is about the same time. 

Message 58 of 112 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Further observations with excessive water drinking at University: Within the dorm itself, if I place a cafeteria, my Sims will constantly try to grab water from it. They also do this on non-dorm lots with a cafeteria. My Sims usually go to class early autonomously. While waiting for class to start, they'll all too often suddenly try to run back to their dorm to get water. They alternate between the sink and cafeteria when this happens. I have to watch them like a hawk so I can cancel the action as soon as it appears in their queue. It's maddening!

Message 59 of 112 (977 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just found out something peculiar, and I guess it has something to do with this bug. If I click to auto-solve hygiene and there's a glass of water standing somewhere the sim goes there and drinks from the glass of water. If I cancel the action and click to auto-solve hygiene again they pick up and drink from that glass again (if there's something left in the glass) or find another glass standing somewhere.

Message 60 of 112 (926 Views)