Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by zombiewoof63

Original Post

Re: drinking water - sims 4

Hero

@ChelleyJay  This is something new that started with the pre-DU patch.  They've added a hidden thirst need which is different than the original way sims used to get water & other drinks from a sink or the fridge.  I don't think any of the mods that are older than last November will work to stop it since the code was changed somehow.  I know the one that I was using (MCCC) sure doesn't anyway.

What I have found though is if you let them complete the action (let the circle around the action in the queue go all the way green) they will stop doing it for a while.  If you keep canceling the action, they just seem to keep trying to do it  and the action will continually stomp on your queue until they succeed .  Everybody is having the same thing happen that you are so you are not alone on this one.  I've seen it mentioned in a number of posts here.  It's not really a bug though since it's by design.  Although I and a lot of others think the devs need to tone it down some.  You might also want to do a search here to see what other folks are saying.

Message 41 of 112 (1,243 Views)

Hero
@ChelleyJay merged your post with current thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 112 (1,230 Views)

★ Novice
@CGrant56 Thank you!
Message 43 of 112 (1,200 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had enough of this game until the devs ad an option to disable certain features. I'd like to play without any mods but some aspects are absolutely infuriating. Sims in the un-modded game have OCD level fixations. Stopping cooking to watch TV, washing hands, drinking water and other pointless 'features' that seem to serve no purpose other than to annoy those playing the game.

Thanks for the help and suggestions but I've had enough.  

Message 44 of 112 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This feature is unbearable without a mod to tone it down installed. The mod in question only stops them from grabbing fridge drinks, though. My Sims still love to drop everything they're doing to get water. But without the mod, they'd be constantly getting drinks out of the sink and fridge. And I can confirm that this is especially a problem in StrangerVille and Sulani. Granted, it still happens in other worlds, but it's particularly bad in those worlds.

Message 45 of 112 (1,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yeah my spellcasters are still excessively drinking water it’s annoying.
Message 46 of 112 (1,099 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@The_Ratticator MCTuner will stop ALL automated actions, provided you have them all defined in the config file. There are 4 related to get water,...

26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
164355,fridge_GrabWaterAutonomously
222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

I have more for things like shoveling snow, tea, bar drinks, etc.
Message 47 of 112 (1,091 Views)

Hero

@Psychotps  I've tried using tuner to stop it.  It doesn't work on the new thirst, get a water thing though unfortunately at least not for me.  I think the new thing is not connected to the object like the earlier ways were.  I think it's on the sim and haven't been able to identify what it is since a sim has so many things tied to it.  That's the only explanation that I can come up with anyway.  I can be totally wrong about it too.  Just a guess.

Message 48 of 112 (1,075 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CGrant56 Oh, it works the same. Nothing's changed. They just added a new interaction not too long ago. With those 4 lines I listed, I NEVER have sims get water.

I'll have to look, it's been so long since I set it up (years) but maybe there's a setting to "turn on" MCTuner in the first place. {sigh} there are a TON of settings.
Message 49 of 112 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps  Are you using the Patreon version?  I'm using ver. 6.6.3. which hasn't got all the features for dealing with some of the stuff in DU yet.   And are you using it by using tuner in game or by direct editing of the mc.tuner.cfg file?  I use the in game way and haven't been able to get it to work to shut down the thirst thing.  I started using it about the time GT came out and it sure has grown, that's for sure.  Lots of options.  Still haven't come close to figuring out what all of them do either.

Message 50 of 112 (1,052 Views)