Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by craterdweller

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@zombiewoof63  - I use MCC Command Center - the MC Tuner module. After installing the latest version of MCC- I made sure the following lines were in mc_tuner.cfg:

26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
      133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
      222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

I'd never installed MCC before, so I just browsed through the installation instructions- and the page on automation scans. Works fine with DU.

No more stomping their queue to get a drink of water.

Hope that helps.

Message 31 of 112 (1,871 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@craterdweller
Thanks for the reply. I have Command Center installed and it functions as I expected but the file 'mc_tuner.cfg' is nowhere to be found in any folder on my PC. Is MC Tuner Module a separate Mod in addition to MCC?
Message 32 of 112 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@zombiewoof63  I downloaded the sample config file from the  (scroll all the way to the bottom). I deleted all the lines of behaviors I didn't want to stop and saved it into the same folder with the master command center mod. I only have the lines to turn off get drink, the urn, and the bar enabled in my file. Now if I can figure out how to get it to stop the toddlers/children from making messes all the time!

(Removed link, no third party site links) - Atic

Message 33 of 112 (1,822 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@craterdweller
Thanks again for your time.
Message 34 of 112 (1,805 Views)

Hero

The get a drink of water has been really annoying with stomping the queues and it just kept doing it.   I kept canceling the action every time it came up and at least in my game it appears that is the wrong thing to do.  When I canceled it, it just kept coming back so finally I just let my sims get a drink and complete the action.  Once they have satisfied their thirst by completing the entire action, it appears that it doesn't come up again for quite a while like for the rest of the day.  So now I let them finish or make them take a drink before I set up a long queue and don't have anywhere near the queue interruptions anymore.

Message 35 of 112 (1,767 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The fix you suggested worked for at least 10 hours play and 3 new starts and then sims started obsessively getting drinks from the fridge again.

Have EA even acknowledged this entirely pointless and, at least for my part, game-breaking issue? It's so frustrating.
Message 36 of 112 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@zombiewoof63   It should work just fine. I've been using it for years and I have quite a few lines in my mc_tuner.cfg file.

Make sure you have the latest MCCC and just create a text file named "mc_tuner.cfg" and place it in the same folder with your MCCC packages and mc_settings.cfg files. Copy and paste the following lines in it:

26319,fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
133052,sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
222271,autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

Just make sure your MCCC folder has the file mc_tuner.ts4script and that you don't have scripts disabled in the game. It should work just fine.

Message 37 of 112 (1,664 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I had the tuner cfg file working just fine but for reasons I can't fathom it stopped working. The only thing that changed in game was a household member starting a new job. I replaced the file with a copy after adding a few lines for the TV and so far it seems to be working again.

Message 38 of 112 (1,650 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@zombiewoof63 Strange, I have over 20 lines in mine. I've used a hundred mods (besides CC) and I've never seen anything override MCCC. It's never failed for me.

Maybe it stopped working after an update? Updates do tend to disable script mods, which is what mctuner is. Maybe the MCCC had a problem with the update itself.

I dunno. I've never had a problem with mctuner not working. Well, I did until they added function 222271. They only added that one recently. It really freaked me out when suddenly my sims all started getting water again. Got that one from the MCCC devs themselves.
Message 39 of 112 (1,641 Views)

drinking water - sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except: strangerville, realm of magic, fitness stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden, luxury party, perfect patio, & moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims constantly drink water, excessively now. Even with a mod to prevent it they still do it. It's been way too lately.
What do you expect to see? I would like to prevent my sims for constantly drinking water, excessively.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except: strangerville, realm of magic, fitness stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden, luxury party, perfect patio, & moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims constantly drink water, excessively now. Even with a mod to prevent it they still do it. It's been way too lately.
What do you expect to see? I would like to prevent my sims for constantly drinking water, excessively.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think there is a bug with the sims 4. My sims keep drinking water or constantly getting water/juice excessively now. Even with a mod they still do it. I've had sims get water here and there, but it's been way too much lately. I has to be a bug, because I don't think the sims ever tried to drink this much..ever. 

Message 40 of 112 (1,645 Views)