Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

by Desirai

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Mine stop what they're doing in the middle of doing it to go get a drink, but they don't always drink it, sometimes they just set it down. Other times, they go get a drink, go get in the bathtub, then immediately jump out and put the glass down somewhere.

I know it might be by design for sims to get water after exercise, but they stop in the middle of exercise to go get water.

Also wherever a sim places an empty cup, a water puddle appears on the floor.

Message 81 of 112 (937 Views)

will not stop drinking water and reading books

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by plaing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? sims stops to drink water and sometimes with books
What do you expect to see? drink water and read every five seconds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. bunk beds pach

will not stop read books and drink water

Message 82 of 112 (917 Views)

Re: will not stop drinking water and reading books

Hero
@acoxshes Merged your post with the current water obsession thread.

For reading there's one specific for stopping writng to read: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Stop-Writing-to-Read/td-p/9154659 but others have reported it happening for other interactions as well.

You might wanna dd your voice there as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 112 (894 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sims do that too! It’s gotten to the point where I have to constantly cancel the get water action on my sims and lock the bathroom door when my sims have guests over because the guests keep getting a glass of water, getting into the bath, then stand around in nothing but a towel. The guests spam that action over and over until they’re locked out of the bathroom.

Message 84 of 112 (829 Views)

Re: will not stop drinking water and reading books

★ Guide

My Sim is doing this too. I haven't noticed it this excessively with other Sims of mine (who are also in another save). But I just started a new save last week, in which I'm using a Spellcaster who is already a few years old ... and he absolutely will not stop grabbing glasses of water. He does it all the time, no matter where he is, or how far from the nearest sink he is. It is extremely annoying. Frown 

Message 85 of 112 (784 Views)

Sim drinking water all the time!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will drink water all the time if I do not turn off autonomy, or if I don’t give her anything to do.
What do you expect to see? For my sim not to be constantøy thirsty every second.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Don’t know what to put in this box…

Message 86 of 112 (773 Views)

★★ Novice

I get this too so many times it gets really annoying, they also start cooking, then they place the food on a surface and start cooking again, but don't eat

Message 87 of 112 (757 Views)

★★ Guide

I've never had this problem until the recent patch. My Sims used to just drink water after jogging. But now they want to drink water almost every time autonomously. Of course I just cancel it. But it can be quite irritating. 

Message 88 of 112 (741 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Is anyone here familiar with the Tuner module of MCCC? If you know what I'm talking about, can we please get something like that added into the base game? If we could have some sort of control over autonomous actions, especially without having to use mods, then things like this lame obsession with drinks can be stopped really easily. Think of how many obsessive interactions you could disable. I know some people will be like "well just get MCCC"... well some of us don't play on PC, and not everyone wants to rely on mods or deal with having to update them every time a game update is released.

By the way, is anyone else noticing that their sims really love getting water after doing anything with a garden or plants? My sim could walk out and just talk to a plant, or do research and for whatever reason they need to go grab a drink most of the time. I just had my sim talk to a plant 10 times, didn't add them into a big queue but just did each one 1 at a time, and after every single time my sim wanted to go in for a drink. Really?

Seriously, EA, if you aren't going to do anything about some of this stuff at least give the players the tools to be able to deal with it themselves... and don't make it all PC exclusive either or at least allow mods on consoles. This is getting ridiculous.

Message 89 of 112 (715 Views)

★ Guide

Version 1.77.131.1030 and excessive water drinking still a thing. 

Message 90 of 112 (671 Views)