Re: Auto-Cancelling Events

by Hiroko-sama

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Events cancel immediately when arriving on lot (NPC invitation)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.258.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uncontrolled Sim invites you out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Events auto-canceling.
What do you expect to see? Events NOT auto-canceling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the most recent patch and installed High School Years.

Happened 3 times. My Sim's friend asked my Sim to the Hijinks Festival. Upon loading, the event almost immediately cancelled. A different friend asked to go get drinks at the Island Bluffs where there is NO bar (also, these Sims are teens). So I added one. Upon exiting out, the event cancelled. Same friend asked my Sim out on a date and as soon as I went to talk to him, he disappeared and the date canceled itself. 

We need a lot trait or something to designate for Teen dating such as a coffee shop. If there's no bar, then why are we going there for drinks? Why are events cancelling? I have to cheat relationships and sentiments because of the stupid bug.

Semi-unrelated issue, why is a Sim posting about "regretting prom" when Prom hasn't happened yet? With this auto-cancelling bug, I'm going to be very annoyed if it auto-cancels or Sims bug out altogether.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 6 (1,447 Views)

Hero
@Hiroko-sama are the human or vamp teens ?

did the festival take place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Humans. All of them. And yeah. I was supposed to watch the fireworks.

Message 3 of 6 (1,431 Views)

Hero
@Hiroko-sama There's a thread for dates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Dates-getting-automatically-canceled-Invite-by-NPC...

The bar one could have been an issue of you editing lots. Did you have a drink one where you didn't edit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No. We were actually just outside the lot. We spawned right in front of the "tunnel" below (south of the path). 

Message 5 of 6 (1,415 Views)

Re: Events cancel immediately when arriving on lot (NPC invitation)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (921 Views)